Just a question...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Deadly Kiss (Lucifer - Princess Dehere, by Tribute to Dehere)

First off, although Lucifer did run on turf later in his career, in his early days he was a good dirt horse. Tribute to Dehere was also a good dirt horse. Why don't you try producing a dirt loving foal from her? She was never tried on dirt and possibly might have liked it better than turf. However, try to pick out a stallion who was good (or whose pedigree is good for) both dirt and turf so you could try the foal on both surfaces.

If she were mine, I'd breed her to a Storm Cat son or grandson. Storm Cat and Battle Cry (your mare's grandsire) are genetically full brothers, both being by Storm Bird and their dams are full sisters. Now as Em has said inbreeding to Storm Cat is not the answer to all problems as it was in the old SIM, but Storm Cat does have a large number of sons and grandsons who were good racehorses and producers of dirt and turf.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

How in the world did u know that was my mare...I'm very impressed as Lucifer had tons of babies...I had never even thought to try for a dirt baby with her..humm very intresting....okay...When u talk about a Storm Cat son are you talking about sons already in the game or what about the new ones comming in..One of my new boys is a Storm Cat son..Stormy Atlantic...humm will have to see if he ran on hte turf at all. im pretty sure he was dirt....
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

LOL I did a search for all horses owned by you and she was the only one sired by Lucifer. And actually, I'd probably try a Storm Cat grandson rather than a son with her.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, okay that mares sense..okay.. now need to find a grandson..i'm really likin the Storm cat idea...

lol now if i can ever get on i'll have to see about Drifting Angel..she's my other project...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Deep dark not-so-secret breeding secret: regardless of how horses run, they more often than not produce in the breeding shed the types of horses that their pedigrees suggest they should produce, not what their race record might indicate. Your mare Drifting Angel looks to be suffering from a case of pedigree schizophrenia. Her sire is a turf sprinter and her dam is bred for dirt sprints/mile.

Know that, I'm kinda surprised that nobody bothered to try Drifting Angel on the dirt, she may have enjoyed it given the influence of her female family. Thats neither here nor there at this point, breeding her is your concern.

Runaway is Future Hero x Tuzla, and by far Tuzla's best offspring was Crystal Night. Crystal Night is by Tulloch, so anything with Tulloch in the pedigree would be a very solid cross.

There was another very good horse from Tuzla, however, that being Havoli Makahikihou, whose name is maybe the worst tongue twister I've ever seen, but this is important because he was sired by a horse who was Serena Slew (Seattle Slew x Serena's Song, therefore a full to Priceless Forever) x Romantic Dreams (Affirmed Success), so this is where the precedent for Tuzla/Affirmed Success likely came from when your mare was bred in the first place. If you don't opt to breed in Tulloch blood, I'd be looking for turf-oriented Priceless Forever/Seattle Slew blood. Candidates for this might be Gothic Dream or his son Fading Dreams (pedigree on this one seems to be incorrect somewhere, I'm working on getting clarification). Midnightconfession would be a very, very intriguing cross, and Promisesinthedark has a very appealing pedigree for this mare as well.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

very insightful..I have a feeling Midnightconfession will be beyond my budget this first season (unless a couple of my horses do VERY well right off the bat)..I'll have to take a look at Fading Dreams..Seems i had bred to him in the past or was considering him....
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

"Runaway is Future Hero x Tuzla, and by far Tuzla's best offspring was Crystal Night. Crystal Night is by Tulloch, so anything with Tulloch in the pedigree would be a very solid cross."

Are there any Tulloch sons still standing??
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Promisesinthedark

How much is he standing for??