Drought Over!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Drought Over!

Post by The Steward »

You guys are acting like Smokey hasn't been around for ages. I think there are at least four Smokeys already in the SIM!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

The Steward wrote:You guys are acting like Smokey hasn't been around for ages. I think there are at least four Smokeys already in the SIM!
Yes, but now we have LOADS of good Smokey refs to use! :)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I knew Smokey was around before the last few weeks but I didn't know how much of my spirit animal Smokey was until I hung out with him. Hence the fascination, haha
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm sure I can find a Mel pic of Smokey to use as a QH headshot ref! ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Katarah Simones
Two Year Old

Post by Katarah Simones »

My best friend and I watched it together with our families and in particular, her grandfather.

I banshee screamed at my tv half way up the backstretch and then coming to the top of the stretch, I had already partially lost my voice. I cried the second he hit the wire. She wasn't any better....we had to go explain to the neighbors what was happening because they came over to see what was wrong and if we needed any emergency assistance. The tears didn't entirely help collaborate our stories that it was merely over a horse race. It took some convincing before they would leave. :oops: :shock:

This older gentlemen who bravely made his way out of his house and can barely move at this point cried right along with us, and when we asked him what was wrong (because he saw some of the greatest Triple Crown victories in history) he said that he was so thankful that Pharoah gave him a chance to see what was going to be his last Triple Crown winner. I cried even harder after that, but for a completely different reason. I'm going to see a few more since longevity runs in my family (especially for the women) but it was such a special moment for him; as he said, likely his last Triple Crown winner. He got to experience that joy all over again with the new generation and my best friend told me later that he had such a spring to his step and was so perky the entire day. It's remarkable what one hero can do for another (he had served in the military for a number of years).

Just my little story about the power of a Triple Crown winner. :-)
My iPhone case is a lion and I found my exit buddy. We're good.