Y38 Updates Thread

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Break Updates Thread

Post by Lori Hamill »

I love the alt. barns, it will be a huge help during the SIM year! Thank you SIM team!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patrick Noto
Sprinter

Post by Patrick Noto »

"But the $50k isn't a deal breaker."

If I had over $40,000,000 in my account, it would not be a deal breaker either. :-) BUT since I don't, it is. I don't see why I should have to write articles or do any other extra work to pay for them. I spend a lot of time picking horses and races because that is why I play the game. I pay to be a SIMperior player and have benefits that other players don't (if they don't want to or can't afford to pay). My feeling is that the alternate barns should not require spending additional SIM dollars for. Again, JMO. Pat
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I have mixed feelings. Not what I expected, but then I'm not sure what I expected. Not sure yet if it's worth paying $50k for when I can just continue putting things under "unspecified" instead and spend that $50k elsewhere. However, that won't stop me from trying at least one barn out whenever I have the money. I will have to wait and see.
Gateway Farms
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

3 new barns up and running.
I have loads of horses and I am not a rich player, just getting by sometimes (as I like to spend).
Going to make my game so much easier to deal with with my current numbers.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

This is not remotely what I expected, and frankly I'm rather disappointed. However, it's definitely an improvement and I'll give it a try. Thanks for the new feature! :)
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Laura Cameron wrote:This is not remotely what I expected, and frankly I'm rather disappointed. However, it's definitely an improvement and I'll give it a try. Thanks for the new feature! :)
My feelings exactly.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

There are economic issues if you don't have a lot of money.
Patrick Noto
Sprinter

Post by Patrick Noto »

Gee. I just turned a Junior player and have $700,000 in my account. With some help from established players, I thought I was doing fairly well.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I look forward to utilizing this during the season. I think the 50k per year per barn is appropriate. It's a tool to allow players to manage larger stables. If it was free, it would adversely affect the already whacked economic sim. A smaller stable really doesn't have a lot of use for it anyway. I wouldn't suggest newish players use it, just as I wouldn't suggest newish players acquire so many horses they feel they *need* to use it.

Anyway, I especially like that I can start naming my foals again as they're born, as I generally prefer to do. :)

Thanks so much to Em and admin for all the work you constantly do to tweak and improve. Much appreciated!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

Patrick Noto wrote:Gee. I just turned a Junior player and have $700,000 in my account. With some help from established players, I thought I was doing fairly well.
You sponsor a ton of stakes races for yourself...
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Patrick Noto
Sprinter

Post by Patrick Noto »

What does that have to do with the topic of alternative barns?
Andrew James
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrew James »

Very happy to have the option and kudos to the SIM team for implementing this. However, since we're talking about a largely organizational thing that is designed to save people "real life" time I don't see why it costs money to use.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

I like the idea of the new barns, not sure how much I will use them at the moment. My only request is can the "Atl" for the Alternative Racing barn please be corrected to "Alt" so I don't keep thinking it is the Atlanta Barn ? ;) Thx!
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

LOVE the alternate barns, especially for all my two year old TBs who clutter my racing barn but aren't going to debut till week 7 at best. And since I focus on Arabs, I can fiiinally move my two year olds out of the training barn so I'm not accidentally working the yearlings. Plus this really helps with the dispersal horses that need to be worked. Thank you so much Em! I also like the idea of a fee, helps drain money out since larger barns are the ones that need the barns anyway.
Tyler Anthony
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Tyler Anthony »

Sorry I haven't had my Pills today, What is Alt Barns?
If winning isn't everything, then why do we keep score? - Vince Lombardi