One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Matt, being able to hide your stats is relatively new and there have been PAGES of debate and argument about this. If you want to read some it, feel free to do a search but I don't think it will ever go back.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Don't know if its possible but as your entering a horse and all of the races for that horse come up, it would be awesome to have something show that you already have a horse in that race. Maybe its just a problem for Sim horse hoarders like me, but when I am entering a ton of say, dirt routers and I keep clicking to open races only to see I already have an entrant......is very annoying! I don't know if the race could be a darker shade of blue or what, but it would be a real help and speed up entering by a ton.

Also when entering we get this message:
I Stand Corrected' could enter these upcoming races:
(Click on a race to enter this horse)

If added to that could be something like "I Stand Corrected is at Fun in the Farm,Florida" and could enter these upcoming races" would be amazing!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

It would be really nice if we could still see the notes for horses in our Cemetery.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I want to search retired chaser broodmares without having to look at all the regular tb mares.. if that's a possibility?
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

I would like to see the sire and dam of the horses in my breeding barn listed on the front page next to the horse.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I want, every day when I log in, for the SIM to tell me the one most important thing I could do to improve my stable. That I'm not already doing, I mean.

Then again, all it would say for me every day is "go enter your horses" so maybe that wouldn't be so helpful
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:I want to search retired chaser broodmares without having to look at all the regular tb mares.. if that's a possibility?
Hey Chani, that's already possible, if the mare's "type" is set to steeplechaser. There's a clickable option between "age" and "breed" on the search page :)

Ara, that is an awesome idea ;)
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Then again, all it would say for me every day is "go enter your horses" so maybe that wouldn't be so helpful
Ara,
if you need a hand with entries, just say the word :)
S
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Erin Sanderson wrote:
Chani Ruzzo wrote:I want to search retired chaser broodmares without having to look at all the regular tb mares.. if that's a possibility?
Hey Chani, that's already possible, if the mare's "type" is set to steeplechaser. There's a clickable option between "age" and "breed" on the search page :)

Ara, that is an awesome idea ;)

Erin, it doesn't work for retired chaser mares. That's what Chani meant. :wink:
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Yeah.. once a mare is retired they revert back to being normal flat racers which annoy the crap out of me lol
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Oh, I see, I didn't realize that! I don't really shop for retired chaser mares, I just stumble across them already in my barn XP
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

I'd love to be able to search for both sprint and mile races , (and mile and route races) at the same time, rather than do a search for one type, and then the other .

it would be a great help when planning races for 7furlong and 8.5 furlong horses
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Adding more options to the circuits page so you can cut down the races to 3yos only or whatever would be really nice.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

*eyeballs* Who resurrected this thread!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Greg Mey
Derby Contender

Post by Greg Mey »

A couple things that would interest me...

1) Additional breakup of records into Sprint/Mile/Route for each surface.

2) Making a "target distance" option as well as a "+/-" option to better define the races available to your race horse. Currently, you need to change your horse type if you want to race a short router at a mile.