The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

The Winner is Dylan Christensen and his pick Moonfly

I choose this pick because he seems to go well with my mare as well as being quite cheap and as he is 15 this might very well be the last chance to breed her to him

so Congratulations Dylan and you are free to pick a prize
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

ok next one is a mare I swapped for in a mare lease swap so I want to breed her and send her back as soon as possible
she is a star mare and has one allowance foal
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’ll take the cash prize
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago ok next one is a mare I swapped for in a mare lease swap so I want to breed her and send her back as soon as possible
Link?
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago
Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago ok next one is a mare I swapped for in a mare lease swap so I want to breed her and send her back as soon as possible
Link?
It’s this lady :) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=809690
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I was planning to send her to SYM myself when (if) he had more slots open up, since her first goal was decent looking. Many Nights Was my backup :)

(I’m super excited to see what others suggest though haha)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

ooops yeah sorry totally forgot to add the link there so Thanks Rochelle
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

Since See You Monday is already booked full, I think his sire Sepia Tint could cross nicely with her. He's getting close to pensioning and probably only has a year or two left. He sired SYM out of a Reach For The Moon mare (who is Balachova's grandsire.) Sepia Tint's third highest earner, Kid Galahad, is also out of a RFTM mare! Plus SYM's sixth highest earner Evolved Division is out of a mare by Into Space.

Another really nice turf sprint sire who's zeroing in on being pensioned is Fez. He's sired four millionaires, his third highest earner is out of a RFTM mare as are a bunch of his offspring. He has a whole bunch of three figure earners, too, and is the sire of last year's SC Filly & Mare Turf Sprint winner.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

We have a winner and what a shocker it is as yet again Tan Gent gets the win
His winning Pick was Strong And Free who as the only one I have seen so far got an a- hypo with this mare and I know this doesnt always work but I found it so strong that I just had to breed to him
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

next up is a well bred little tm mare
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=756746
started of well with 2 nice allowance foals who do ok on the track
but then I started breeding her to my own studs and are getting nothing so I might think she is trying to tell me something her which is she doesn't like my sires haha
Anyway Good luck
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

I think Red Ferns might go well. Her two allowance foals both had Benjamin Franklin as a common denominator in the bloodlines so I’m guessing she must like that family and since Red Ferns has some Benjamin Franklin blood in him he might be the one.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I want to say Run You Clever Boy. I love his dam line <3 But Dylan has really good reasoning with Red Ferns, though he does have your sire line :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Ok so this one kinda gave me a stomach ache as it was tough to decide

Red Ferns had me worried because he is a lot similar to Regards who did not work but there are also similarities to Distant Dream who did work so maybe she just doesn't like my sires as Doctor who also did not work is from quite a different bloodline
It was mentioned that Red Ferns has Benjamin Franklin in his pedigree which I was kinda lookin for but it is very far back and after breeding would not even be in the lines you can actually see
so question was is it worth it or not?

The other choices I got was Distant Dreams who aalready got a nice foal with her but she is a 3 year old now and I can use the same sire again at a point just like to wait a few seasons to do it so he was a valid choice too

Close To The Best was next and well he is awesome and I have a steward bred yearling by him that I really like and looking at the pedigree I kinda liked how they compared to eachother

Then we come to Run You Clever Boy and well I kinda like a little inbreeding if it is far enough back and this would give her 3*3 to Eohippus which I found a bit cool as well also a 4*4 to both of Eohipus parent ofcourse

So my Pick In the end after all this was Run You Clever Boy which makes the winner Rochelle Guile Congratulations and please pick your Prize
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

okay so next one up ( this might be the last for a bit as I am going away for a couple of days and not sure how often I will get to do this but we will at least keep it going when I get back but keep looking in people as I might be able to post even if I am away
anyway the mare this time is:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=591590 a appaloosa router mare whose blue hen daughter Dragon Heart we have already covered
This mare is actually only a formidable but that does not always seem to matter in mixers s she has actually bred a freak (now stakes) besides the mentioned blue hen mare who was never gallopped because of injury
she also has a nice looking 2 year old stakes who will debut in a couple of weeks and some allowance babies as well
her yearling was only a solid By One Hot Bay so she might not have liked that cross and 5 year old was also solid 4 year old productive and the remaining were allowance
Good luck
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

This is a tough one, if I were you I would go back to Capacity to Feel because he’s just such a good sire. I do understand that you don’t like to go back the the same sire all the time so I really think you should go to Wing It. He’s a new GP sire and has a 4000 GP fee for a reason, he was a beast on the track and hopefully will be a beast in the SIM as a stud.
yeah