All About All Weather

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: All About All Weather

Post by Nena Olson »

Courageously was phenomenal tonight! She ran a career best of an 87 SF and beat Em's filly Fangers in the process (sorry Em!) but what a mare! She has been a complete joy to race and I will miss her out on the track :(
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Just dropped by to offer my congratulations...

Congrats to Courageously! She ran awesome! I've been watching her since she was a wee filly and am a big fan. No actually I started watching her dam Courageous or Not when she was running against Mi Ciao Bella and they were both daughters of Brave the Weather who's still my favorite AW CAH. So It's really nice to see her get her win in the Matron for the second time. That was a really good race with great running horses though poor Michaela Quinn got a reality check. Eh, I know how much work I still have to do to breed up my mares to where they can come close to producing high caliber AW runners but I enjoy the challenge to do that because I'm always up to a good one. 8)

Loved to see the surprises like Blue Grass Stakes switch to AW quite well and I love the story of Ghazi's Dream being a former claimer. Thought he had a good chance if he could survive his duel and Augmenting (who I really love a lot) didn't fire. Epic job by Alex Safka, so I was thrilled to see him win. Lucas did an outstanding job with King of Consent and the juvenile leaders look pretty strong especially the male juvenile winner. A son of Dumbledore blowing out a mile race like that!

I love Treasure Strike a lot too but sometimes it doesn't work out on the big day. Still very nice...

Jury Conviction, I think I wrote about him in one of my series of hodge podge dirt/AW miler type articles a while back mostly in passing. I've been working on an article on him all season wondering how he might do as an AW influence but I kept putting it down. That'd be good news in my opinion.

So I think they were good results for AW overall.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Even though they didn't win I think it's a pretty big accomplishment that Tribal Memories sire two SC runner-ups one being a SC winner himself. Her boys are nice, both running next year of course.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=283412
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=262447
Christy Williams
Miler

Post by Christy Williams »

I just had one of my AW horse get a second in the SC Synthetic Juvenile Fillies Race. I'm Not Bad. This is my second SC race and the first time that I have even come close to winning!
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Danny Warren »

After probably racing him a little too long, the mighty Winter Olympics has retired.
The Gr.1 winner and multi stake winner is now standing in Illinois for $10,000.

If I ever get more than a short while away from work, I'll give him a proper profile, but please consider him for your miler mares, he was my first genuine "big" horse, and he deserves some love.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Really happy with Whisperingthings S/c sprint win, esp after only 1 1/2 weeks rest its took a lot of Shredow walking to get her back in time.

Suprised Iron Clad managed to beat Nitrofreeze tho so happy with that one, and will stay in training for another year.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

My new baby

Squirtle Squirt

Named after a old Breeders Cup Sprint winner (Midnight Lute already taken).

Hopefully being a colt he may be nice.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=354005
Fallen In Battle x Courageously
Dark Bay Colt, 15.3H

:D I am quite excited about this colt. I'd love to have a grandson of Battlenote just lighting up the track :)

EDITED TO ADD:

Lee, that colt will get to face off against my Smile For Em x Summer Battle colt :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

leecara wrote:My new baby

Squirtle Squirt

There is a rule in the Sim against naming your horses after real life Grade One winning horses. Just FYI.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

leecara wrote:My new baby

Squirtle Squirt

Maybe it's just my generation, but I thought he was named after the Pokemon. :P

EDIT: This colt, plus Janena's colt, plus my Black Turf Angel colt (coming Friday) all running at the same time. SO EXCITED for this crop!!! Plus they all have different pedigrees on the female side. :)
Ricky Stamm
Miler

Post by Ricky Stamm »

Del Mar Derby Standing for $8,000 allready has bred 16 mares and the 8 or so mares ive bred have all HYPOED B+ and he will be standing in United Kingdom
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Sean i think its more recent G1 winners incase Em wants to stand them as Game Point sire's.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

leecara wrote:Sean i think its more recent G1 winners incase Em wants to stand them as Game Point sire's.
In reality it's any horse we might get in "trouble" over - aka good enough that someone might do a search on the horse and tell us the pedigree is "wrong." This happens often, so yes, the name will be rejected.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

...And now you know.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Now i do know.

So right now onto his 3rd name

Cadbury's Wispa

Hopefully he is capable of winning more races than he has names.