All About All Weather

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Re: All About All Weather

Post by Ali Weasley »

Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate Ramey Furney on winning the AW Juvenile with a son of DUMBLEDORE! CONGRATS!

Dumbledore's stud fee will remain at 10k unless he gets overly popular.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Battlenote turned 14, so if you want to breed to him... better do so now! This is more than likely his last year at stud before the game pensions him!

Also, I BSed my Fallen In Battle x Courageously colt and its comment was either the okay/htt or claimer but definitely not wings or wow! :( sad day.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Janena, I had a bit of a rough start with Mi Ciao Bella my first Grade I stake winner who won the last Matron before it was part of the SC. Her first three fillies didn't race well (but are good breeders, her eldest daughter produced a nice wow first time out) but she's improved since then.

With a very talented mare like Courageously, It's hard to say how her first baby will run. I couldn't predict it at this point because you never know what'll happen. For one thing, you have a dam who was an absolute star at five. A sire who it's harder to tell because he chased when he was five and he seems more of an AW talent. My advice is to keep an eye on this one and see what happens when he ages.

I'm scared of all of mine to even look at them, all 38 routers. I just can never predict who'll do what.

I don't remember breeding some of them, they are a blur. :? I also had this dream that I'd forgotten to breed Mi Ciao Bella and I was in London and couldn't find my computer anywhere in Big Ben.

Thankfully Mi Ciao Bella did get bred (because I managed to breed my only dirt sprinter and I think that was done last) to Dr. Ghazi and had an unnamed boy child. Her other son, Sumner Beach (by Annihilating) returns to action this year after winning the AW Futurity last time out and her daughter by Yes, All Good People is racing later on this year. A little bit regrets about not being able to breed her to Fang for a daughter before his pensioning but I did get Sweet in the Sleet in and she has a nice daughter in Alien Queen, now three.

Yearling wise, I'd have to sort them in my head. I got to breed Leah Clearwater a stakes placed favorite of mine who's by Fang/End of the Line to West last year. Fang/West seemed like an interesting combo to try out as it worked very well with another Fang mare, Blaze of Magic who produced Tina Sparkles (who's worked from 59.87 to 1:25.87 on AW, 58.51 on dirt after a period of vexing). So though I'm not really so big on gallops I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with Leah's filly.

So try out what I think might be a monster cross in West/Fang. That's my advice. I love both of them and West is still here and I've gotten both dirt/AW and turf/AW from him which might turn out to be very useful in future breeding. I bred my new Fang mare, Singers Lil Miss, a $100 purchase to Dumbledore. She rated" good...surprise" but with Fang mares I find they tend to produce very well in general.

My Majesty mare Jest the Law has miler and router talent so I bred her to Yes to see what happened. She injected some foot speed (48.60 for four furlongs) into her daughter by Dr. Ghazi so it's more to see how this one turns out regardless of gallop.

I bred my Astonishing mares including Mi Ciao Bella's first daughter, Bella Trattoria who went to Dumbledore. I hope to improve my track record with him trying different crosses. Yes saw Silver Illusion who's a half to Blaze of Magic above. I also have another daughter by Astonishing somewhere. I think out of a new Magician mare. More for breeding lines but if it's nice on the track that's certainly a bonus.

My mare Deserves a Sundae gets no break. She's a "star" bred a HTT. Chords of Doom, first time out and then she bucked its shins. So she'll be eating bon bons until late next month. Deserves a Sundae has forgotten her first foal as she has a new yearling, an unnamed daughter of Yes. As she was the WR holder for two miles on the all weather for a little while, I thought it'd be nice to inject some speed in her next foal.

Older fillies, both Michaela Quinn who got her booty kicked in the SC and Tempus Varnum who actually won a stakes race at the end of last season will be back. I'm not sure where. Looking forward to trying out the routers later on.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Way to go Bella Trattoria! 8)

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Fairest of all downgraded from a wow yearling to a wings 2yo :(
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

My Bella Trattoria juvenile filly by Yes did 5 furlongs in 59.87 and Tina Sparkles (by West) did her 7 furlongs in 1:25.81 which were better than last year. La Belle Dame's daughter by Magician's probably going to start out on the turf.

My AW miler is still a bit pokey.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Well as it seems we have our own little forum I think it's time to retire this amazingly helpful thread. :) It's been fun but I wont be updating the list anymore and maybe instead we can make a new thread! Thanks Ara for thinking up the idea, it's helped a lot of people in AW I think for sure!