Moved To Tears

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Okay, I am planning to breed MTT(Tulloch-Storm Cat) and wondered who you would recommend. She was a top turf mare and liked distance pretty well. Her first foal by Star Studded was undefeated in her 2 yr season and I can't wait to see what she does in her 3 yr season(thanks again Em for bringing the game back). So I would love to have another foal like her first. Any suggestions on a top turf stallion.

Also, who are some good turf stallions that cross well with Storm Cat and Commitisize.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I alwasys liked Affirmed Success but i have to say not only can i remember how he was producing ican't even remember if he's still in the game.lol
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I know I advertise Atlas a lot, but I think he'd be a good cross here because of the inbreeding.

Moved To Tears's sire Tulloch is a son of Chalice Well, who is a daughter of Glorious Song. Atlas is out of Banner, a daughter of War Song, who is in turn a daughter of Glorious Song. An Atlas x Moved To Tears baby would be 4x4 to Glorious Song, a very nice race and broodmare.

Moved To Tears is out of a Storm Cat mare. Atlas is by Conduit, a son of Rain Dancer, who is a daughter of Storm Cat. An Atlas x Moved To Tears baby would be 4x3 to Storm Cat.

So yeah, being inbred to Glorious Song and Storm Cat is not something to sneeze at. If she were my mare, I'd be all over Atlas in a heartbeat.

Good lord, the fact that I remembered Tulloch's breeding when I didn't even remember who Jet-Ski is by...how sad. *g*
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Ara makes a good suggestion with Atlas; Storm Cat inbreeding used to be one of the most successful nicks around.

To back up the Storm Cat/Tulloch nick, take a look at a horse named Three of Crowns. He's Storm Cat x Four of Wands (Tulloch) and he won the Breeders' Cup Turf. Two of Dreams (Give Applause) backs up that notion.

If Atlas isn't quite what you're looking for, Give Applause comes highly recommended. He's got Storm Cat far enough back (GA-Future Hero-Future Storm-Storm Cat, so 4 generations back in the pedigree) that you can reap many of the benefits of the nick without the risk of unsoundness, plus he was one of the more brilliant milers the SIM has ever seen; adding his quickness over a mile to Moved To Tears and you'd likely get something that was very fast over anything from 8-12 furlongs.

Finally in support of Give Applause, Tulloch was a miler, and though horses sometimes will step away from their pedigree on the racetrack, often will revert to the tendencies laid out by their pedigree when they're sent to the breeding shed and produce runners in accordance with what their pedigree dictates; in this case, solid milers. Breeding to bring out those tendencies may maximize Moved To Tears' potential as a broodmare.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I love being given insight by some of the top breeders on the game. It will definintly help me in the future.

Currently Moved To Tears will have a date with Atlas for a wonderful legacy for both Atlas and Moved To Tears.

Your info on Give Applause is also great insight for future crosses.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I like Playingforthecrowd. I only remember he was sired by Give Applause and he was GOOD. The database is down, so I can't even check his dam. But I remember him being one of my favorite "not-owned-by-me" horses.

Sorry, it's way too late for me.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

i rememeber liking Give Applause.. I think i had a baby of his in teh barn but its been so long i don't really remember...