Racing Lines For Mixed Breeds

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Racing Lines For Mixed Breeds

Post by Katie Grenier »

Hey everyone!!

I have a new question that I haven't seen asked anywhere, at least not that I've been able to find anywhere, that of the mixed breed lracing lines.

Therefore, I was wonderingif there will be any help with racing lines for the new breeds like there was with the TBs?

The only reason I'm asking is that I've noticed that while there are a lot of similarities between the TB and mixed breed racing lines that there are also distinct differences with them.

Example: lines such as such as "quick from gate outkicked". I'm assuming that outkicked means that the horse was rank, but really don't have a clue as to what it means. Any suggestions? :?

Thanks,
Katie
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Racing Lines For Mixed Breeds

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Outkicked means that there were horses who had a much faster/more powerful burst of speed. Your horse just didn't have a big enough burst of speed in the final yards to get past some of the faster horses entered. So, no rankness! Since the Paints/Appys/QHs run shorter distances, their running lines are shorter and about speed.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Racing Lines For Mixed Breeds

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Well, if it's any help, I had an Appy finish 4th at 870 yds with the line "Off slowly rallied". Then I added blinkers, ran him at the same distance and he finished 9th with "Quick from gate no rally". Since the Thoroughbred rule is "Quick start + long distance = not enough gas left in the tank" I'm guessing that it's more pronounced for the shorter distances. Since blinkers usually mean a fast start (more focused horse burns more speed in the beginning), I took them off.

Not sure if that helps, but it's an observation! :D