A Schedule for 3yr old Stake races?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

A Schedule for 3yr old Stake races?

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm only seeing 1 race for 3 year old male Quarter Horses for week 8, and no stake races listed ahead of time when doing a search.

I think I have a very good horse on my hands and I don't know if I should run him in some little non-winner race or wait until week 9/10/11...etc...to see what stake races are coming up and their distances.

He should probably race on week 8...and I would hate to race him in that allowance race, only to find in week 9 or 10 a Graded stakes was listed that would have suit him better.

Here's my colt, Quick Fire:
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=83484

This is the only race listed for 3year old colts for week 8:

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php? ... seID=83484
Year 23 Week 8 (Wednesday) Los Angelitos-CA Condition: Fast. Race 20 - 650 yards. Dirt. Quarter Horse. 3 year olds and up. Colts and Geldings. NW3 Lifetime. Purse $12,000

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: A Schedule for 3yr old Stake races?

Post by The Steward »

Stormy,

This was covered in another topic, but here is the schedule of stakes races for 3-year-old males of QH/Paint/Appys:

1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 (the biggest race of the year).

3 year old males, females, and two-year-old males run odd weeks.

Older males, females, and two-year-old fillies run even weeks until Week 15.

That's just for this year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

So next year we will be able to pull up a schedule of the actual races for the whole year and thus plan where to ship our horses to farms closest to tracks where they will race next...etc...
I missed the thread where the stakes race schedule was talked about...thanks for the information on that. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

What about the Arabian races?
Sasha Heald
Derby Contender

Post by Sasha Heald »

A long that same line, do we know when the Arabian races start to stretch out?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Stormy Peak wrote:So next year we will be able to pull up a schedule of the actual races for the whole year and thus plan where to ship our horses to farms closest to tracks where they will race next...etc...
I missed the thread where the stakes race schedule was talked about...thanks for the information on that. : )

Stormy
Correct, however, ALL QH/Appy/Paint stakes this year are at Ruidoso, and have been all year, so you can plan that way (unless people sponsor at other tracks).

Arabs don't stretch out (the endurance races) until next season. This year it is all about "North American" Arab racing.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sasha Heald
Derby Contender

Post by Sasha Heald »

The Steward wrote:Arabs don't stretch out (the endurance races) until next season. This year it is all about "North American" Arab racing.
Thanks!