A stallion for Lucrezia Borgia

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

A stallion for Lucrezia Borgia

Post by Scott Eiland »

OK, folks, I've tried to figure this out on my own, and since I can't make up my mind, I'm going to give you guys a chance to pimp your stallion to multiple grade-1 winning mare Lucrezia Borgia (Azamour-Borgia by Acatenango).

"Lucy" exhibited elite speed AND stamina during her storied career on the track, winning the Stewards Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, The London Oaks, the Irish Oaks, the Flower Mound Invitational at the route level (including a close loss to Is Wanting Enough at age four in the Stewards' Cup Fillies Turf). She also won the British 1000 Guineas at one mile. So she's a graded winner at 8, 9, 10, and 12 furlongs.

So, like Lynn did with A Map To Heaven, I'm asking for you to convince me to send Lucy to your stallion. I'm looking for brazen bribes and subtle ones, creativity, and/or a good laugh. But mostly bribes.

I'll make my decision a week from Friday, when I get home after Week 8 results.

Thanks!

Note: shy? Don't want to publicly tip your hand? Game message me if you prefer, Don't care? Put your sales pitch in this thread.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: A stallion for Lucrezia Borgia

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Sorry I don't have a stud of my own to pimp, but why hasn't she already met Black Condor?
His stats speak for themselves-with 101 runners and 85 winners, (51 of them in stakes) this super stud has 84% winners and 50% stake winners.
The pedigree gives you a total outcross, but it's a classic blending of Mr. Prospector and Northern Dancer lines.
It seems to me, Black Condor is the ultimate "must do".
Good luck with whomever you choose Scott.
Bill Oelrich
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Bill Oelrich »

Scott,

I would be willing to give you a free breeding to Zinfandel's Story

Bill
Zinfandel's Story turf router stud fee: $20k
Beyond the Stars dirt miler to router stud fee: $25k
China Grove paint 350 yrds to 400 yrds - stud fee: $10k
Red Pine Appaloosa 870 yrds - stud fee: $10k
Wii turf sprinter stud fee: $10k
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Well looking at Borgia, Hercules is her next best earner. He's by Atlas, who hasn't really set the world on fire. However Hercules is SO fun to race. Ara and I just adore him. However I can't bring myself to pimp Atlas completely, So i'm going with that same line a Conduit Son. Often overlooked I'd send her to Le Dauphin Noir.

There isn't much out there in terms of mares from Azamour being runners. They are all still quite young. The best offspring of a night shift mare is by Tejano Tribute, who actually has pretty hot stats too 82% winners, 17% stakes winners. He's also a son of Conduit, so he fits what worked with Hercules as well.

Neither of my suggestions are big time like Black Condor, however both are holding their own at stud, their fees are also a lot lower. Le Dauphin Noir is 15k and Tejano Tribute is 30k.

On a Side note, you can wait for the Aca to run and send her back for a filly! hehehe I had to be creative because she already went to my Stallion, but it still looked fun to play.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Throwing Punches
He hasn't retired yet, but this colt would certainly be worth the wait to breed to.
Lucrezia Borgia with Throwing Punches would bring in a delightful 4x4 inbreeding to Northern Dancer.
They match up perfectly as Lucy can run at different distances and Throwing Punches should be able to throw different distances, a trait he will most likely pick up from his daddy, A Crown Awaits.
Punches has an amazing race record, winning 8 out of 11 with 3 seconds and 3 G1 wins. Recently he was defeated by freak filly Born Wild by only 1 1/2 lengths in the Desert Turf Classic. He rocks.
So when you put outstanding race record and perfect turf pedigree with Lucrezia Borgia, you get complete awesomeness.

And I'd be happy to waive the fee and PAY you 10k to breed to him.

Thanks for considering.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Everest

Quinellaed the race in Dubai with her- I like that sort of thing

Won a classic mile race and then excelled at longer distances, like Lucy

Brings in the female family of Atlas without being Atlas (Although I am an Atlas fan)
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Frayed.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=36446

You've already tried Conduit, Sadler's Wells, and Storm Cat line studs. Frayed is a new bloodline to try. Career earnings of nearly $2.5 million, a record of 11:9-2-0. South Pacific Champion 3yo Colt. 6 grade-1 wins including a gritty win in the Chicago Million over a tough field. Brilliant speed carried over 1 1/2 miles. Wins on firm and soft turf. A beautiful female family. A glowing endorsement by Kevin Hern. And a stud fee of just $25,000.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Night Shade. he's on fire right now. see my post about him in the breeding forum. and if you decide you like him, you can breed her to him for free.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=44719

That one could use some encouragement from a good mare. :)
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500