Oaklawn Park

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Re: Oaklawn Park

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

That is great Leo. I picked him for this weeks Fantasy Racing for Oaklawn. I hope I get some good points from his wins. I'm excited to go there tomorrow its been a while since I've been to the live races.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Good ride by Deshawn looks like he has another live one in tomorrow.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I know Clinton is coming tomorrow (Saturday).......Chris, are you still coming? And am I supposed to call you, or are you calling me?
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

I will be there tomorrow, I will call you Leo.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Well, Saturday was fun. Got to meet up with Clinton Jacinto for the first time, and meet up with Chris Carmen again. These 2 guys are friendly and YOUNG! :) I didn't have my camera with me Saturday, but I will most definitely take it the next time they are going to show up.

Oh, and we've started a pool to attempt to claim a horse. How much we got in the kitty now, guys? $25 or so?
Anyone else that wants to donate a little more, we're on the verge of a killer partnership! :)

Clinton and Chris, I enjoyed visiting with you guys!!

Leo
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Indeed, Leo,Chris and I met up this weekend. It was fun, although I was mostly outside instead of being inside with Leo in their box lol. I want to thank Leo for inviting this weekend. It surely has to be done again. We are starting the Oaklawn Park Gathering lol. Since you guys out there in the West Coast have your gathering I think we will too. :P I will bring my family next time I got there I wish they were there with me Saturday.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

when is the arky derby??? we want to make a trip down to hot springs, but want to see a major race, and come when the weather is nice....i was THINKING it was in april...might have to make a trip in march as well. it's been so long since i've been there i can't remember the stakes schedule.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Alright!! More SIMsters coming my way!!

The Rebel (last prep race for the Derby) is March 14th, and I think Bill Outsilver and his wife may be coming that weekend!

And the Derby is April 11th.

Let me know if you need some help looking for lodging and such!

Leo
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

thanks, will do!
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i'll probably have to bring all the kids with me, so i'll need lodging that is kid friendly...last time i stayed in a hotel in hot springs, it was near the track...i watched the morning workouts from my balcony...that was cool!! but i don't want to do that this time, balconies and 2 yr olds scare me! lol. so any suggestions on something close to the track, kid friendly, not TOO expensive, not TOO close to the track that traffic is so bad that we can't get out of the parking lot....lol...
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

My favorite place to stay before I moved here was Willow Beach Resort. Two beds and a kitchenette. And a fair warning, this place is OLD, but extremely cozy.

One warning for kids though, the lake is no less than 30 feet from the back sliding glass.

There have been some reviews online that complain about the 'dirtyness' of the place, so I'd ask whoever you may talk to about the cleanliness.

But man, I LOVED staying at the place!

I can look for more if need be.....

Leo
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

we stayed at the America Inn or something like 3 blocks away. it was decent. We had a room next to Larry Jones. It was affordable and well it had a fence all around it! LOL Apparently it was known as the crack * hotel. But it seemed well lit and safe now. We walked to the track in the afternoon. Drove to the backside in the morning just because of how much farther it is then the frontside entrance.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hey Jolene, you know if you're coming down or not?
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Nope i'm going to the Santa Anita Derby instead. Sorry. Pyro won't be running so I'm going west i've never seen the SA derby!

BUT Pyro is THERE so everyone needs to go feed her mints. I forget the barn # she's in but it's straight in from the gate and like the 2nd one. On the left end. Bruce Riecken has her.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

it's barn 29!!!

http://oaklawn.com/pdf/Oaklawn_Backstretch_Map.pdf

there is the map. I love the kitchen on the backside.