Breeding

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Breeding

Post by Bill Deitch »

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find it.

For breeding the mixed breeds, I understand that the stallions are unknown. Can we include the assumption that the higher the price, the better chance of a better foal? Or are they just listed at that and we just have to guess?

Thanks for your help!
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeding

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Good question. Although I think most of the mixed breed stallions are RL ones, it's probably anyone's guess how they will turn out as producers, just like the RL TB stallions. I don't know anything about mixed breeds except a little about Quarter Horses, so I know First Down Dash is a premier sire in RL. The other 2 RL QH sires standing for stud, one of which is by First Down Dash, the other is by a son of First Down Dash, both are fairly successful I believe, I'm sure someone who knows more about QHs could tell you for sure.
Now that I've looked at it, I don't have any "RL" QH stallions to choose from for my QH filly by First Down Dash when she eventually retires :(
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

I bet Mac will have some incredible PROVEN sim stallions by the end of the season :-) For Qh's anyway.
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

umm yeah... Mac has an awesome string of Qh's... Dashing Cowboy & Wave Wave for example... Wave Wave got beat by a head last time out when he was tired!! Nice horse I'd say!!
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

Bump
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Bill, have you been reading my articles? I have addressed QH breeding/racing multiple times in "The Quarter Chronicles" located in the racing and the breeding sections... if it's QH breeding you're interested in.