Baseball...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

THE TWINS WON THE PENNANT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

JOE MAUER WON THE BATTING TITLE!!

*runs around in circles*

Yeah...I'm just a wee bit happy

GO TWINS!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

TWO SO CAL TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!! Dave and I are SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO OF THEM! WEEEOOOO!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Sorry about the twins but they are going up against my A's pitching staff which is the best in the world.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I beg to differ Sean. Johan Santana is the top pitcher of the entire league with 19 wins and a era of 2.77...check MLB.com, he pops up on top. He's up in the very first game in the five-game series tomorrow afternoon (followed by Boof Bonser and Matt Garza, who are just as good)...at the *Metrodome* which, of course, will be packed solid and will be a high disadvantage for your team, as the Dome is known to be the noisiest sports stadium in the country (mostly because we Minnesotans love our sports, and make sure everyone else knows). Also keep an eye out for Brad Radke, who's just as good now as he was 12 years ago when he started.

As far as batting goes...don't overlook Joe Mauer, who won the batting title (as stated above) with a .347 avg in just his third year, and Justin Morneau is up for MVP. We also have Torii Hunter, who has won *five* consecutive Golden Glove Awards and is our natural power hitter with 31 home runs this season, 164 in his career.

And if you don't remember... the Twins' record against the A's is 6-4, winning two out of the three series that they faced them...their one loss comming before they started their "winning" season. It wasn't until the second half of the season that they cleaned up their roster and started winning, coming back from a 12 1/2 game deficit to win the AL Central title.

And btw...the *last* time the Minnesota Twins won the Pennant was 1991...the year they won the World Series over the Atlanta Braves.

Let's play ball.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

BOOOOOOO TWINS BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lol Sorry Amanda...I am a White Sox fan LOL.

Sox didn't make it....so I am now turning to football....DA BEARS ROCK!!!!!!!! :)
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Hey Sara, any relation to Jason?

Um...Its the 9th inning and the A's are up by 2. I think you could ask anyone that follows baseball and they would say the rotation for the A's is better than the Twins. Zito, Harden, Haren, Loiaza, and Blanton. If you name is Boof you can be that good of a pitcher!
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

No lol :)
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I'm more of a contact-sport lover. Give me football or hockey any day.

Go Giants!
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

says the one that likes horse racing
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Arrrr! I be likin them pirates!
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Go Detroit!
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

SWEEP!!!
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

And that's why I've given up on Minnesota Sports (minus Hockey and the Wild which I will support with my dying breath).
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Woot! Go Canes!

The Red Wings are a second favorite.. it's murder on me when they meet.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Dumb Mets with their stupid pitching and my two favorite ex-Dodgers (Paul LoDuca and Shawn Green). Oh well, they are the best team in the NL. Now I have to root for the dreaded Padres and Oakland A's, just because they are representin the West. As long as someone, anyone, beats the Yankees, that's all I will care about from now on.

Ah, who am I kidding, Breeders' Cup is way more interesting... Go Horses! B)