question about stakes races for 4yo Standardbred-Pacers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

question about stakes races for 4yo Standardbred-Pacers

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I have a stakes level Standardbred-Pacer. I am very frustrated to see stakes races for 2yos and 3yos where the purses are 100k and 250k but the purses for 4yos is only 75k. I have a very nice horse and have the chance to be able to make some money with him if I can get him into higher purse races. I got him as a 4yo so was not able to take advantage of the higher purses in the younger races. Does anyone know, is this how it will be or just how it is right now?
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: question about stakes races for 4yo Standardbred-Pacers

Post by The Steward »

Unfortunately, the "money" in Standardbreds is for younger horses, in fact, there are very very few races where an older horse can actually run for any money. They do this "4 year olds and under" age condition on their races, because the younger horses are the money makers. The good news is that if he wins a couple of those cheap older horse stakes, he can be a stallion and make you lots of good youngsters to win that money in two years!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Re: question about stakes races for 4yo Standardbred-Pacers

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

ok, I wondered if thats what it was. I knew hed might make a good stud, Id just hoped to keep him bringing me home some checks.

Thanks!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner