It's a Stakes Schedule Miracle

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

It's a Stakes Schedule Miracle

Post by The Steward »

I finally finished this year's stakes schedule for ALL mixed breeds.

Next year all the gaps will be filled in each week, and the Arabian endurance races will be added.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Re: It's a Stakes Schedule Miracle

Post by Landon Alexander »

Woohoo!!! Happy Dance Time!!! :P
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not but will there be a steward's cup type day for qhs and paints?
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

If you look at the stakes schedule, you'll see that there are championship races for Paints and Appys, and several rich G1s for QHs (although they don't have a name tying them all together like Steward's Cup or Appaloosa Championship).
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Melissa Mae wrote:I'm not sure if this has been covered or not but will there be a steward's cup type day for qhs and paints?
It looks like the biggest stakes races (Championships) are run week 15, with some nice money, but I didn't see any "Steward Cup" type races. Probably because the Mixed races are too new.
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Also remember that the Steward's Cup is based on the real life Breeder's Cup. Just because there are big end-of-the-year stakes for Thoroughbreds, doesn't mean that there's going to be big end-of-the-year G1 races for the mixed breeds. The Steward bases those off of real life (which is why there's a Standardbred Triple Crown). If there aren't QH or Paint or Appaloosa type Breeder's Cup races in real life, I think she'd be hard pressed to find a good reason to add them to the SIM.

I'm just saying we shouldn't feel like we're entitled to a huge named Championship just because of the Steward's Cup races, and therefore shouldn't be disappointed or chew Em out with whatever she decides to put up.

Plus you can always sponsor your own G1 stakes if you really really really don't like the schedule. ;)
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Shouldn't there be 3 YO filly SC races? I see them for the 2 and 4+ crowd, but not for the 3 yo's.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote:Shouldn't there be 3 YO filly SC races? I see them for the 2 and 4+ crowd, but not for the 3 yo's.
Yeah right now I'm confused as to where they went because they used to exist.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Just to clear it up. I wasn't demanding or even mad that there wasn't a SC day. I was just wondering if there would be.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

If there is going to be anything close to Steward's Cup for the mixed breeds I do know that with Quarter Horses they have just a few Stakes races that would be close to what would be used for that purpose one is the Los Alamitos 2 Million Futurity (G1), The Texas Classic Futurity (G1), The Los Alamitos Super Derby (G1), Golden State Million Futurity (G1), Heritage Place Futurity (G1)

There are also Trial Races that can be used for the purpose of players being able to see if their horse(s) are fast enough to participate in those races.

here is the link to this years Stakes Schedule For Quarter Horses

2009 RL Quarter Horse Stakes Schedule

Whats weird and I don't know if this will happen on the SIM but Paints and Appys are raced against each other in RL and there are to major RL G1 Stakes races. One is the Graham Paint And Appaloosa Derby and the other is the Speedhorse Paint and Appaloosa Sprint Derby for 3 year olds. Also the OHA Paint and Appaloosa Futurity, Strike It Rich Futurity, Speedhorse Paint and Appaloosa Futurity, Lonestar Paint and Appaloosa Futurity, and the Graham Paint and Appaloosa Futurity for 2 Year Olds.
Below is the schedule through ApHC's website.

2009 RL Appaloosa Stakes Schedule

I'll Also Add The Paint and Arabian Stakes Schedules for this year below.

2009 RL Paint Horse Racing Stakes Schedule

Arabians Have A Triple Crown and a Racing Cup Championship

2009 Arabian Racing Schedule

I'm not saying that these races have to be added to the SIM but that something along the lines of a Steward's Cup or Championship Triple Crown level races would be nice to have for the "mixed breeds" and I also figured it would help our lovely Steward out by posting these schedules so that it would make things a tiny bit easier on her to find each breed's major races to choose from and possibly add a championship series or two added for each breed.

:wink:
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

~Quote: It looks like the biggest stakes races (Championships) are run week 15......

~Quote: If you look at the stakes schedule, you'll see that there are championship races for Paints and Appys, and several rich G1s for QHs (although they don't have a name tying them all together like Steward's Cup or Appaloosa Championship).
If you look at the stakes schedule, you'll see that there are championship races for Paints and Appys......

I've looked everywhere that I can think of and I cannot find any mention of QH races past the 2 week schedule. Where are you all finding these races listed for weeks 15 on up? I've used both search and the stakes schedule tab (under United States) trying to find up coming races.

Or have I just read this whole thread wrong and this was stuff talked about someplace else, like in chat?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Click "Racing"

"Stakes Schedules"

"Mixed"

Then click "Last" in the filters to get to 161 - 200 of the races.

You will be able to see all Week 15 and 16 races.
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

my only complaint was with the QH stakes schedule, from what i can tell there is no "all american triple crown", possibly the most important series in all of QH racing. i had two good two year olds, i sold them due to a large offer and due to this being the reason i bought them.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

where is the STB stakes? I couldn't find them
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Under "Harness"