Educate me please

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Educate me please

Post by Rob Canterbury »

I have been looking over the stakes schedule for the mixed breeds. I understand that this is the first year of mixed breeds and they are a work in progress. But I notice a glaring difference between the breeds.

Why is it the quarter horses have huge g1 races that culminate the year (750 k and 1 million) but the paints, appys, and arabians have championships that are g2 and are 10% the pay outs (100k or so)

Is this mirroring real life? I admit that I know nothing, absolutely nothing, about real life mixed breed racing. But is there such a huge difference?

Will this be consistent in the sim--in that a few of the breeds will be the red headed stepchildren of the simhorse community?

Now I admit that some of this concern is completely self serving as I have spent millions getting a pretty decent band of appaloosa's but I am assuming others have spent some decent cash getting some nice mixed breeds. It seems impossible to win big with a few of these breeds.

Will someone enlighten me as to the real life difference.. Maybe that will answer my question. To me I know we follow real life as closely as possible.. But it seems counterproductive to put such a cap on several breeds in the sim...

I am not by any means angry just confused, concerned, and slightly comatose..( nice alliteration huh!)
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Re: Educate me please

Post by Josh Lamp I »

in real life the purses for harness and quarter horses are by far superior to the other breeds, if that has anything to do with it.
the richest arabian race in the U.S. is 100k.
the richest race i could find in real life for paints was 200k.
i had a hard time finding anything on appy racing but the highest purse i found was 160k.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Quarter horses run for some big time money. The Los Al 2 million and the Champion of Champions is 2 million in real life now too, i believe. There are a lot of 1 million dollar 2yo races for Qs. Same with STB's. Not much in the way of big time purses for the other breeds however.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Obviously this is all my fault for not being familiar with a breed I invested in and I take full blame for that.

I won't get much of a ROI and I assume Paint, Arabian, and Appy prices will drop immensely as a result.
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Larry Burndorf wrote:in real life the purses for harness and quarter horses are by far superior to the other breeds, if that has anything to do with it.
the richest arabian race in the U.S. is 100k.
the richest race i could find in real life for paints was 200k.
i had a hard time finding anything on appy racing but the highest purse i found was 160k.
For Appaloosas I believe the biggest Stakes purse is $350k, which is only the added $$ (the Graham Paint and Appaloosa Futurity)

For Paint Horses I believe the biggest Stakes Purse is the same as Appaloosas. Basically the difference in the Purses is dependant on any added money to each Stakes race. Therefore a $100k race that has added money of $75k makes the purse $175k so any added money to any of the races makes the purses larger or smaller. I've also noticed that the Paint and Appaloosa racing schedules don't have the purses stated on the Schedules only the Added money amounts, which I find very strange.

Other than that I'm clueless on mixed breed racing.. lol
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

The arabians will definitely be a labor of love since it takes them 3 years to "mature" ... it will take a couple seasons to get a herd going without stimulus from The Steward.