Rest in peace, Emma

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kateri Lennox
Miler

Post by Kateri Lennox »

Emma was a filly I bought a few years ago as a weanling...I sold her last fall to a young girl who fell in love with her. Today I got this e-mail from her...
Emma had been doing great. I was riding her and she had progressed SO much. She was the best horse I could have EVER had and I have you to thank for that. I was blessed with such an amazing and beautiful girl. But on Wednesday September 27th, Emma had a accident.
She was running and (as she usually does) must have tried to skid to stop...this time it was too late, she swong her hind legs around breaking down part of the fence (I did not see this but it is our assumption). The next time I saw her she was running back to the main feild with her left hind leg up. I immediately put her in her stall and called our vet. He could not tell if it was a pull or a fracture so he admited Emma to Morven Park, the Virginia Tech Equine hospital in Leesburg. They took x-rays of Emma and found that she had a hair line fracture on her stifle, but their main concern was the gap in her joint. The vets called the orthopedic vet that took care of Barboro and he said  the same thing, that there was only a 1% chance of surgery doing anything at all. They would not be able to cast the area that was fractured and no plate could hold her weight. Emma would have had to wait all night to get surgery that most likely would have done nothing, I couldn't put
her through that. The fairest thing to do for Emma was to put her down. It was
the hardest thing I have ever done in my life because she was the most amazinghorse I could have ever possibly gotten. I sat with her for atleast an hourtalking, hugging and kissing her... saying my final farewell. The vets are goingto use her for research so that maybe in the future a horse that gets the same injury will be able to live and someone will have Emma to thank for that.

I am sure this news is taking you by surprise and I still can't get over this freak accident. I just wanted to let you know I gave her more of my love as I could have ever given to antoher horse. I loved her with all my heart. She was the most amazing horse I have ever known. Thank you for letting her be a part of my life. She is missed dearly.
I can't believe she's gone...she was only 4. :( She and I didn't have the best relationship, but she was a sweet girl, and had already survived one fractured leg (when she was about 5mos old).

Poor baby...RIP, Emma.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

sorry to hear about your horse. I'm gald that she could help others though and the girl you sold her to seems to have a good head on her, so at least you didn't have to worry if she made a good decision. It was nice of her to let you know what happened. The poor girl must be devastated. That's so sad when they go so young. :( *hugs*
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I'm really sorry to hear that. Rest in peace, Emma.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500