Help for an old player

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

So basically I started playing before the oldSIM closed and had just started getting a feel for how the game worked and was just starting to get some decent horses. I'm a bit confused about how this new SIM is going to work and just what is different and what is the same. Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks
Lauren
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

The following is my personal answer, and is only to the best of my knowledge. The Steward is the only one that can answer this question definitively, but I've tried to explain the differences to the extent of my capabilities. -Eric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The basic racing and breeding system is the same. It's been tweaked to improve it, and the changes include, but are probably not limited to:

1) Revisions to the breeding system, resolving some old quirks that were very unrealistic (i.e. 2x3 to Storm Cat was reliably a very good way to get a very good horse in the old game, but in real life this would likely result in a horse with horrific knees and an inability to run)

2) 16 weeks in the year instead of 12

3) SIM account features

4) A little bit of money reworking to try and curb 'SIMflation,' or the way that money seems to spiral out of control in the SIM

I'm sure that there have been other improvements, but for all practical purposes, understanding the game before it left should give you 90% of the knowledge necessary to understand the game as it exists now; you'll have to feel out its idiosyncracies, but everyone starts from the same place in that regard.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Don't forget that instead of horses we are now breeding, buying, training and racing a rare minature type of cow.

-Daryl
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol.. the minature Herford right???
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

hehe

I like cows :P
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

lol. That would be interesting now, wouldn't it?
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

course this means all the new little babies we are breeding will have BALD FACES.... :P