Best So Cal Race of the Year....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lava Man takes on Giacomo and Brother Derek, as well as the game Preachinatthebar and Super Frolic, in the Goodwood tomorrow.

I'm so excited my stomach hurts.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

AWWWWW. I wanna go. Too bad I'm working overtime. :(
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I'll be there :D I can't wait, i'm super excited :D
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

If you're going to be there we should hook up... PM or email me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

There are SO many exciting races tomorrow! You can bet I'll be planted in front of a TV for quite a long time :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I'm so excited for it, even though I live nowhere near there :angry: wish I could go watch it. Someone will need to take lots of pictures of Giacomo and Preachinatthebar for me :D

I'm most excited for Henny Hughes though. Got to love that horse.
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Super Frolic!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Lava Man Wins, Brother Derek ran 2nd, but would have been caught by 3rd place GIACOMO in 10f. Giacomo really kicked it in in the last 70 yards. Too bad he didn't get rolling sooner.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Not only is Lava Man super hot...

but Henny won too! YAY!

And, he set a new stakes record.

What an awesome day of racing... anyone catch Bernardini's domination of the JC Gold Cup?

Plus Aragorn looked mighty good. And English Channel too (even though his rabbit ran ridiculously slow). Oooh, and the two year old Great Hunter holding off Circular Quay. Good stuff. And I caught the end of the Beldame which was very intense.

YAY horse racing! :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

This just my opinion....I think Lava Man will have trouble with Bernardini in the BC Classic....just seems like Bernardini's never been really challenged....Lava Man today looked like he had to work a bit harder in his race. All of this of course is just my observation.... :)
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

It was a nice race! Being a Giacomo fan I was thinking his run looked a lot like the Santa Anita Derby just before the Kentucky Derby. Yeah he didn't win, but he was coming on hard and strong. I kind of didn't pay attention to Lava Man, Brother Derek or Preachin' since I knew this would probably be the last time I get to watch Giacomo in person. I was happy for all 4 horses and hope that Giacomo will be in the BC Classic. It was so nice to hear all the cheers for Lava Man from the crowd too. :)

Oh yeah, hanging out at the receiving barn before the race, Giacomo gave his fans some great photo moments. Standing tall and proud. B)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

So you got some good shots of him Dave? Any chance that you managed one without his tounge sticking out? In all the shots of him that I have his tounge is sticking out of the side of his mouth, so cute :D
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I didnt take any pictures myself, but the I believe the Steward took many (many many many). Of course by the time he got to the receiving barn the tongue tie was already on... so yeah, that's just him, wagging tongue and all. B)