Divine Comedy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Divine Comedy

Post by Katy Turner »

I got disturbingly sentimental today, doing my entries. Divine Comedy's been entered in her last ever race--the Hong Kong Turf Mile. She's my first Steward's Cup winner, so I'm a touch emotional about entering her in the last race she'll run. She's super beautiful and consistent and has only lost to three of the better turf milers around--The Conformist, Cold Open and World of Races. She was recently ranked in the SIM newsletter that Jolene puts out as the #3 female turf miler, which shocked me to no end. Here's hoping she'll win in two weeks and maybe get considered for a championship at the end of the year! :)

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=47786
Bill Outsilver
Eclipse Champion

Re: Divine Comedy

Post by Bill Outsilver »

She's fantastic Katy!! She has had quite a career. I love her headshot! Best of luck with her last race!! :D
Winged Tortoise Stables proudly stands:
Dirt Router Safe Passage, stud fee $20k and dirt miler/dirt router Mohaymen , stud fee $30k
Lea McPherson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lea McPherson »

shes wonderful! her headshot is stunning.

i really hope she wins her last race for you!

any idea who you are going to breed her to first? :)
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Since they are both racing for the final time in week 15 in Hong Kong, it seems fitting (in my, er, obviously heavily biased opinion) that her first foal would be by World of Races. Storm Cat 3x4, I mean what's not to like? 8)

Seriously though, apologies for the minor thread hijack Katy. I am a huge fan of Divine Comedy.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

It was pretty wrenching to retire Di last night, but she had a great final race (lost by a head to World of Races in 1:35.93, her best time yet) and definitely deserves her retirement. It's amazing how much these horses can get under your skin--she's easily become one of my favorite two racehorses, with the other being the lovely Rise to the Test, so it was pretty hard to hit that button. Congrats to Kevin on World of Races' win and thanks for all the well wishes. :)
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

I'm dragging this thread back up from the depths because Di's first foal, a chestnut filly by Worth My Weight, just turned in her first workout. She got the two furlongs in 22.87, and I pretty much went purple with excitement. Look for her sometime next year when the races get to seven furlongs! :D