Vet Check

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Vet Check

Post by Landon Alexander »

I'm a little confused by the Vet's report... it seems contradicting... or am I reading it wrong?

"He is in solid physical condition right now, it would seem. This horse seems a little sluggish to me."

...He's in solid physical condition right now ... to me that says he's peaking....ready for a race!

but then the vet says he's a little sluggish.... huh? but you just said he's in good condition....?? Confused!! Help! :| :?:
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Re: Vet Check

Post by Abe Froman »

I think the physical part can pretty much be "chatter" and the vets only real meaning is for the fitness level, which is a little sluggish, which means he probably is a little tired and needs another week or 2
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

How the horse is doing physically - i.e. whether or not he is injured - has nothing to do with how the horse is FEELING - i.e. if he is tired or not rested enough.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

I read this as " You won't hurt your horse by running it, but it probably won't do that hot"
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Thanks for the help!! :)