Injuries and Harness Horses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Injuries and Harness Horses

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Oh, trust me, it was. I normally don't cross-enter a horse, and after this, I never will again, because I forgot to scratch out of the second race, and ended up running my best turf routing 2yo filly back to back. I'm lucky I got away with excessive bleeding and not something worse. Gah!
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Laura, I'm really curious to see what she would've done if she hadn't been tired-she was only 3 lengths back in an insanely fast race. Next year will definitely be interesting in Europe!
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I had the same thing happen when I did this with a 2 year old (standardbred). I ran it every other week because I'd heard that's what you were supposed to do with standardbreds. I think that maybe if they are 2 they're probably more fragile, just like with thoroughbreds. Either that or I was making the same mistake as you, Franky....I wasn't shipping to a farm in between.

I never really ship to a farm in between unless it's with my stakes quality horses. The majority of my racehorses are just "fillers" and so I don't really pay attention, but I wonder how much my win rate or at least OTB would go up if I did start resting every one of them between races....
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500