Successinthecity

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm all :wub: over him.

I'm guessing Mallory is doing the same thing with Sic Transit as I'm doing with Success... avoiding Lost. :lol:

Sooooo, they are meeting up again week 6. I smell a rivalry. B)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Ah, I was kinda hoping you'd avoid that race. I can't do that to my colt. He needs a break from being ultra-competitve. I don't like pitting him against an equal for the second race in a row, because he has to run all out. He's only a baaaaby! So he's shipping to Florida and getting another week off. He'll probably stay on the East Coast for the rest of the season. Maybe some other start!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Heh, works for me. Good luck!
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I faced the same thing with Yamikishi, trying to avoid all of you until later in the year. Yami did well enough in the Sprint competition, but he needs a chance to gain his confidence back. In avoiding ya'll, we ran into Man of Few Words. Beat him, but still, I would have prefered an easier race for him.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Easy races for sprinters don't exist, you all should know that! :P Avoiding horses is, to say the least, an exercise in giving yourself headaches and one that I gave up on long ago (hence my focus on dirt stamina, where I really CAN occasionally spot Edict or Image or Spark or someone in a relatively easy race!).
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Right you are Eric :) Thats why we left the country completely! Yamikishi is spending the rest of the year in South America
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ditto that, Always Will is in Puerto Rico.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yeah... and I thought Successinthecity wouldn't have to face much this week but alas Play On is entered against him and he has beaten him before... but Success is really game so we'll see who gets it this time B)
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Yamikishi trampled Play On in the Challenge the second time around after being beat the first, I'm sure Success will be fine :)
At Stud:

Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Play On is coming off a very nice rest, and Success was all out trying to beat my colt last time out. I don't think there'll be much "trampling" this time around. Both very classy colts, though.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Well that might explain why I've used Successful Appeal 3 times as a sire..

If you beat me. I learn from it. :)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Becca Banner wrote: Yamikishi trampled Play On in the Challenge the second time around after being beat the first, I'm sure Success will be fine :)
Trust me, once you get past.. oh... the winner of the Sprint Championships, that race says VERY LITTLE about the performance of any other horse. Play On managed to do something that Yamikishi didn't manage to do in that race, which was to get his head in the front, even if only for a short period, and he paid dearly for that little endeavor, but if there's one horse responsible for Yamikishi and any other horse save for Lost (clearly, he did what he did IN SPITE of Play On, not because of him) turning in a semi-decent performance in that race after being out to lunch at the break, it'd be Play On, who did 10 horses a favor softening up Lost and still hung on to finish 6th.

Try tackling Play On without Lost in the race, and guess what you'll find? The results will be a lot like the elimination race was, though obviously a 1/4 length decision could flip the other way around real quickly! Sprinters are cool like that, impossible to get a bead on.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Good point, I bow to your greater expierence.
At Stud:

Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Becca Banner wrote: Good point, I bow to your greater expierence.
Heh, plenty of that experience is BAD experience (you get that after chasing McKenzie sprinters around long enough, trust me on that one...)! The Sprint Championship is just like the Breeders' Cup, its so deep that its almost impossible to draw reasonable conclusions about races where any of the other major contenders are missing.

Add to that the fact that sprinters are just impossible to figure out on general principle...
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Eric Nalbone wrote:

Add to that the fact that sprinters are just impossible to figure out on general principle...
Right now they are. The one I personally thought was the best got beat recently, as did the one I had figured was second best. (No, not my own horses) Thankfully it's still fairly early in the year yet with lots of racing left because I'm LOVING this.