Standardbred Equipment Help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Standardbred Equipment Help

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Found some info on Standardbred Equipment. Thought I'd share my findings with you guys.

Shadow Rolls:
Appear to have generally the same effect on Standardbreds as they do on thoroughbreds, but it is to keep the horse from breaking its gait rather than just to keep it from jumping a shadow on the track.

Hobbles(If in the program):
Used to help a horse maintain it's designated gait.

Boots:
Help protect the knees from being clipped by the horses hooves while racing. Likely help the horse keep its gait as well.

Head Pole:
Used to keep the horse's head straight so that the horse does not bear in or out.

Blind Bridles:
Resemble blinkers and may be to keep the horse focused on the race.

Again, this is just some information that I found and my own ideas based on pictures I have seen. If anyone has any extra information to add that would be helpful post away. :)
Last edited by Talia Ichinari 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Re: Standardbred Equipment Help

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Anyone have info to add?
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Thanks for the info.

I have used a head pole successfully when a horse gets "trouble on the turns" comments.

I hadn't thought about a shadow from preventing the breaking of gait. That's good to know.

SIM doesn't have the hopples option.

I don't think I've ever yet come across a trouble line that indicated knee boots would be necessary.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

I know some people (me included) have used boots (that's all they're called in the SIM, not knee boots) when horses break stride. I don't believe hobbles are in the SIM.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I think only the pacers have hobbies, the trotters don't have them but I haven't been able to see the options for pacers.