The Foaling Contest!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Foaling Contest!

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

Figured I might as well go and take a peek at my own mares' bags since they're not far behind Tiffany. Sadly, there was not much excitement on my end, lol.

Freckles's looked a little swollen, but because I didn't have a halter on her and someone to hold her, I didn't do very much investigating to see if it actually was getting full or if it was just my imagination.

Expo's looked (and felt) normal as well. But she's humungous. I'm kind of anticipating she'll foal first, because she's so much bigger, but with my luck she'll be several weeks late. :P
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I try to check tif around the same time everyday. She started to bag up 3-4 weeks out last time. Another piece of important info... I'm flying to California on the 1st of april and don't get back until the 5th at 11pm... So i'm guessing she's totally going to foal when i'm gone! HAHAH meanie. I'm right now pulling for the 31st... Cause The vet who owns the foal was like 3 weeks when i talked to her on Sunday... I am getting excited!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

pregnant pony pictures!!

yes we DO brush her, but she loves to sleep in the mud... hehehe She's a dirty girl!
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

any updates on the mares? We've got three possibly going tonight! But 6-7 mares are due with 3 of those overdue.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Tiffany is bagged up a lot on the left and the right side is slowly catching up. I check her at night, so i'll post something tonight about her condition. I tried to get a video of the baby moving around but i don't think that it worked well... But i will upload it and post it anyway... hehe
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Her right side is catching up to the left.

here is the AWESOME video... heheh

Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Update on Expo and Freckles:

I've been unable to really go out and look at them due to rain and the likes.. because mud and a wheelchair just doesn't work, and my scooter has a flat tire. But Mom said that she's been checking their bags and Freckles's bag is still getting a little bigger. Mom said she's seen both foals move around a lot.

I get my scooter tire back today, so I'll definitely go out and take some pictures. :) But there hasn't been a lot of overall changes.

Mea

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

I'll have a go at this, Colors confuse me, lol.

Mare: Tiffany
Date of Delivery: April 3rd
Time of Delivery: 2:23 am
Color of Foal: Buckskin

Mare: Expo
Date of Delivery: April 30th
Time of Delivery: 1:02 am
Color of Foal: Bay

Mare: Freckles
Date of Delivery: April 26th
Time of Delivery: 12:21 am
Color of Foal: Bay Tobiano
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

I'm awaiting anxiously to hear whether or not Jolene's mare had her foal while she was gone. :P

Not much change on my mares' part. I'm still working on decent pictures. All I had was Mom's cell phone, and needless to say.. the mares wanted to sniff it to find out what it was rather than let me take pictures of them. (They act like they've never seen a cell phone before, yet they don't come near me whenever I have my camera!)

Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Still no baby as of this morning. My mom sent me a picture of Tif at the gate still very pregnant and covered in snow! ewww
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

Any updates? Hope everything is ok!
Dana Williams
Listed Stakes Winner

My guesses...

Post by Dana Williams »

Tiffany

DoD: April 25th
ToD: 2:15AM
CoF: Buckskin w/blaze?
Gen: Filly

Expo
DoD: May 2nd
CoF: Chestnut Solid star/blaze?
Gen: Colt

Freckles
DoD: April 30th
CoF: Bay Tovero
Gen: Colt

You may wonder why all my times are the same, I find 2:15am seems to be the magic number. Almost all mares in my neighborhood foal between 1:30am and 3am. Although my mare managed to hold off until 9am April 11th 2006 not to mention she was 3wks late, so yeah I KNEW it was a colt. Also I specifically wanted a Sorrel filly with blaze and four white stockings, I got sorrel colt with 2 hind socks and blaze(some roaning from his mother) In '08 my neighbor's mare foaled a sorrel filly with four white stockings(same sire as my colt) how ironic, and she wanted a colt for her lil girl. Funny it is.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Mare: Tiffany
Date of Delivery: 4-18-09
Time of Delivery: 6 am
Color of Foal: Bay

Can i still guess I hope so. all well.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Yeah you can still guess until they are born. Tif is going to keep hers forever I think. No waxing yet as of 9am CDT.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Nothing on my end, either. Everywhere else, mares are having their foals 1-2 weeks early.. but I think my mares read the wrong handbook.

However they look like they need two signs on their rear ends that say "WARNING: WIDE LOAD" because they're so big.

I'm hoping hoping HOPING something will happen this weekend. I'm not going to be home next weekend, but some family will be staying at the house.. so I'm hoping that the mares will spite my family (seeing as how both mares aren't too friendly with them) and won't have them while I'm gone. :)

Mea