Page-Back Penality - Is This a Glitch?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Page-Back Penality - Is This a Glitch?

Post by Regina Moore »

When I'm in a horse's page and use the vet, I'lllikely to make a Note, and then I'll scroll back to my Racing Barn. In scrolling back, I briefly come upon the vet page again. I've just recently noticed that when I do this (hit the vet page a second time via scroll-back), I get charged another vet fee for that horse. Of course, this doesn't happen if, to leave the horse's page, I click Racing Barn or whatever. But if I go straight to the barn, then I've lost any filtering I've done of the list and have to re-filter.

It also counts double if I page-back to the Horse Whisperer, or page-back to the the assistant trainer. Of course, in the latter case there isn't a charge, but my horse's history shows, eg, the horse having gate training twice the same day. Therefore, if a horse were to show galloped twice in the same day (via page-back), I wonder it would impact the fatigue factor all the more.

I've tried to make a habit of avoiding page-back when working with a horse's page, though it means I have to keep re-filtering my barn list.

Speaking of lists and filtering, if I filter a sales page by age, and then sort by a column, such as earnings, the minute I click on a horse, I lose the column sort when I go back to the list. (The filter stays in intact if I use page-back.) Can anything be done about this? It makes the column sort less user-friendly when you have to keep re-sorting every time you're done accessing a horse page.

I'm using Firefox, if that makes a difference.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Page-Back Penality - Is This a Glitch?

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I always open the horse's page in a separate window, so I don't have any of the page-back problems you are experiencing. I use Firefox as well.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Thanks, Laura! I can't believe that never occurred to me....
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

There is also a link on the vet page that says Return to Horse Information, or something along those lines that you can get back without clicking back, and possibly occuring a 2nd fee. That has happened to be once before.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I do use the "Return to Horse's Page" link. But once on the horse's page, if I page-back, I get the vet (or whoever's) page again and it then charges a second time.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

That's not just a SIM thing; it generally applies to all sites. That's why they tell you never to click back after coming to the confirmation page for an online order billed to your credit card or whatever.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500