Thank you Dave Shields

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brittney Ellison
Miler

Post by Brittney Ellison »

Thank you SO much for Big Puzzle! He got a close secomd in his first start!:D I didn't even ask for help, but I got it. You all are such nice people here. Any advice on where to put in next? Should I wait until week 7 or 8 to race him again?
3 time Grade 1 Winner Stand Up: $15,000
Grade 1 Winner at 2, 3, and 4 Limousine: $20,000
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

You are welcome! Glad he did so well for you too! :)

You might be ok running him again week 7, but an extra week of rest (race again week 8) might be better for him. As far as where to put him, I would try another maiden at either 1 1/16m or 1 1/8m (probably the 1/16 if there is one open). You could try again at 1m, but his running line suggested he was ready for more with the "gaining ground". I would also keep him at Trial park if possible, if you dont have to ship to find a race it is just that much better.

He ran really well without any equipment, so I wouldn't add anything just yet - wait to see what he does next outing. Good Luck with him! B) :)
Brittney Ellison
Miler

Post by Brittney Ellison »

Thanks for the advice.Theres not a maiden I like week 7 so I'll wait until week 8 anyway.

I need to thank Emily Mitchell for Faceless as well. He looks like he likes more distance, so I'll try him at 1 1/4 or farther. Theres nothing at Japan, so I need to ship him. Theres a race at Florence Park this week or France next week. Is it too late to ship for this week? Any other suggestions as far as equipment? Comment for his last race:"Broke smoothly hard held early looked for room evenly"(he was 3rd with "sr hb f8") TIA
3 time Grade 1 Winner Stand Up: $15,000
Grade 1 Winner at 2, 3, and 4 Limousine: $20,000
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

I probably wouldn't ship continents for a race this week. Out of those options I'd send him to France for the next week.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I think with a horse like Faceless, your best bet is probably to get him to North America and work from there. The European grass races, predictably, tend to be on the tough side. You'll have a TON of options in North America since shipping within the continent isn't as big of a deal as country/continent/hemisphere hopping. I've found Barbados to be really, really great for this kind of horse, as well. It's all grass, but a cut below, and if you DO decide to leave there, it's a pretty reasonable ship to almost anywhere else (most of the US within 12hrs away, and I believe all but Japan well within 24hrs).