Fillers of the Week

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I thought I'd start a thread that I'll keep every week of the races that have two or less entries, since only those with three entries will go. I'll update daily (or perhaps more than that later in the week, approaching the races). Newbies as well as more experienced players who don't have the time to go through each and every race to check the number of entries might want to take advantage of this.

The code will be:
<span style='color:purple'>Two Entries</span>
<span style='color:red'>One Entry</span>
<span style='color:orange'>No Entries</span>

<span style='color:purple'>
Year 17 Week 8 Calder Race Course: Race 16 - 1 mile. "Three Ring Stakes". Turf. 3 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Restriced to FL-Breds. Purse $100,000Year 17 Week 8 Canterbury Park: Race 2 - 4 furlongs. Dirt. 2 year olds. Maiden Claiming. Claiming price $5,000. Purse $7,500
Year 17 Week 8 Ireland: Race 7 - 1 mile. Turf. 3 year olds. Fillies. Maidens. Purse $20,000
Year 17 Week 8 Japan: Race 5 - 1 1/8 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Restriced to JPN-Breds. Purse $40,000
Year 17 Week 8 South Africa: Race 7 - 7 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Colts and Geldings. Maidens. Purse $20,000</span>

<span style='color:red'>Year 17 Week 8 Pimlico Race Course: Race 17 - 1 1/16 miles. Dirt. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Claiming. Claiming price $20,000. Purse $12,000
Year 17 Week 8 South Africa: Race 6 - 7 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $20,000
Year 17 Week 8 Thistledown: Race 5 - 1 1/8 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Claiming. Claiming price $40,000. Purse $12,000</span>

<span style='color:orange'>Year 17 Week 8 Colonial Downs: Race 1 - 1 mile. "Deputed Testamony Stakes". Turf. 3 year olds. Colts and Geldings. Stakes. Restriced to MD-Breds. Purse $75,000
Year 17 Week 8 England: Race 8 - 7 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds. Fillies. Maidens. Purse $30,000
Year 17 Week 8 Hastings Park: Race 5 - 6 1/2 furlongs. Dirt. 3 year olds. Colts and Geldings. NW2 Lifetime. Claiming price $75,000. Purse $10,000
Year 17 Week 8 Hastings Park: Race 6 - 1 mile. Dirt. 3 year olds. Colts and Geldings. Claiming. Claiming price $20,000. Purse $10,000
Year 17 Week 8 Ireland: Race 3 - 6 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $20,000
Year 17 Week 8 Japan: Race 4 - 6 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Restriced to JPN-Breds. Purse $40,000</span>
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

<span style='color:red'>Year 17 Week 6 Australia: Race 3 - 1 1/4 miles. "Matriarch Stakes". Turf. 4 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Stakes. Purse $100,000 - Grade 2</span>

My filly Choral is currently the only filly in this race. It is a GRADE TWO STAKES for a purse of $100,000. Surely there are some players out there who would like to win a few thousand dollars? Since this is the first week in Australia there aren't many horses down there so if you enter you're pretty much guaranteed to finish in the money. Even a sprinter would still be able to pick up a check. Even a MAIDEN CLAIMER would be able to bring in some decent money. Please?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

Ara I have one, she is dirt filly but she hasnt raced since week 2. Ill enter but if starts to fill then Ill scratch her.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

If anybody has any Cal-bred fillies or geldings, there are a couple of nice races that have ZERO entries on the turf at Golden Gate this week.

The Trial Park races are pretty full.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I edited the list in the first post as of 11:30 AM EST today. I was not able to remove ANY races from the list, so take a look at what you could enter. I even added a few races that I'd either missed or were added since yesterday. I was getting confused, so I sorted them out by number of entrants. Hopefully that will help others out who were getting as confused as me!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Fillers needed in the::

<span style='color:purple'>Year 17 Week 6 Hialeah Park: Race 2 - 1 1/8 miles. ""On Broadway Stakes."". Turf. 3 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Purse $200,000 - Grade 3 </span>

only two entries! Please please please enter!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Amanda Saunders wrote: Fillers needed in the::

<span style='color:purple'>Year 17 Week 6 Hialeah Park: Race 2 - 1 1/8 miles. ""On Broadway Stakes."". Turf. 3 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Purse $200,000 - Grade 3 </span>

only two entries! Please please please enter!
Would love to, but the only 3YO fillies I have went in week four. I think two weeks turnaround is probably too tight, but if you really need someone, I'll see what I can do.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Most of my fillers won't go in until Thursday... maybe with an exception to AUS or JPN.

The stakes races that need filling now might fill before then, so I'm waiting to see where my best spots will be.

Other people might be doing the same. I dunno.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I edited the list again, and decided I don't have the time to go through so many races for races which already are certainly going to go (i.e. already have three or more entries). So these are the ones that are still on the fence.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Edited the list again as of 11:21 AM EST.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I edited the list for Week 7 this morning.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated the list to reflect Week 8 races.
Inspiration Stud
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Year 17 Week 8 Ireland: Race 3 - 6 furlongs. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $20,000

I have two horses in this race and it needs one more to run! Please someone enter if they can
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

EDIT: Taken care of! ;)
Inspiration Stud