Nice, Cheap Horses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

There are a lot of nice-looking, unraced two-year-olds on the sale page that I think are being overlooked.

Case in point:
Ascar to Remind Us
Unsounded - Toseeyousmileagain, Five Circles
A cute colt sired by a nice horse in Unsounded, out of a winning half-sister to Anthem. His only other sibling was a stakes-winner, and he's only $4500. I would buy him if I didn't already own his dam and her half-sister. This colt would probably be at least a decent allowance runner for someone...anyone?

Also, I picked up a few on that page that actually have some impressive breeding. Check out those pedigrees - you'd be surprised about what you'll find.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, as soon as i can cehck out the pedgrees(cant get on)tehn im goin shopping.lol
Ingrid
Sprinter

Post by Ingrid »

I bought an unraced 2yo last night when I saw his parents were both good (well, dad is good, mom is decent) and both of the mom's other foals were consistant runners. For $1k I'm willing to see if I got another consistant earner, lol
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

There are still a ton of good ones up there. New horses are added all the time, so check back regularly. If you didn't go broke in the first auction, get some sale page horses for Week One. Saving 10-30k for the second auction won't mean much for your chances in future auctions because the purse money paid out in Week One will inject a LOT of money into the game.

Don't just buy anything, but I see sires like Sakhee, Street Cry, Anxious Gold, Blades Hill etc with unraced babies sitting there for 1-2k. Even in a Maiden Claimer they will make back their cost with an on-the-board finish...and a win will bring you 10k.

Daryl
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

And don't overlook the older geldings.. i picked up a stakes placed maiden winning gelding yesterday for like 10 bucks....lol, and i think it6 was daryl that beat me to anoter with basically the same type record...