Mixed Breeds and Mary Weather

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Mixed Breeds and Mary Weather

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Has anyone gotten the "not impressed" comment from Mary regarding a Mixed Breed? After galloping most of my yearlings, it seems my QH's got much better reviews than the TB's. None of my QH's received the "not impressed" comment. Lacking any real breeding skills/experience, I find it hard to believe (lack of confidence?) none of QH's got the negative comment. Especially after so many TB's got it....
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixed Breeds and Mary Weather

Post by Abe Froman »

I had a few
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

I had a few that got the "not impressed" comment. A few got the "hope for improvement" and the rest got "impressive." Looks like you have good fortune Bryan! :)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Uh, I got the "wings, caught the eye of other trainers" with my Arabian, Amir, dispite not having very good workouts....he came in 9th in his first maiden race. :roll: Maybe it wasn't his best distance or whatever - but you'd think if he galloped like he had wings he could have done a little better than 9th, right? :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Happy, you might need to make some equipment changes too. I have a "has wings" filly who hasn't finished better than 4th, despite running on her preferred distance/surface. Surprising, since her half-brother is a stakes winner. I went back and changed her equipment due to some running lines, so I think she'll improve next time out. :D
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Amir's workouts look like he will be best in routes. And he needs an equipment change.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Two of my Arabians that I sent to Mary Weather ran the way she hinted. Kifah got the wings comment and won her first race with a high SF and a good time and Sabirah who got the "It's hard to tell" comment came in third in her first run with what is likely an average SF. Mary Weather seems pretty accurate.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Believe me, Amir is getting equipment changes, I did that right after the race. First race you can never be sure what equipment they will need. He may be better at routes but I doubt he'll be fantastic at routes. (Going by his workouts, anyway.) Not to mention that routes won't be available for him for a while yet. I doubt that when he galloped for Mary that he ran very far. I just feel that, regardless of distance and equipment, a horse that runs like he has wings should at least finish in the top 5 or 6.

I just don't think we have enough info on Mary Weather yet, to actually trust her with evaluating all of our horses. Amir is just my main example at the opposite end of the spectrum. Cuts Like A Knife she said ran like he had wings and he won his first race which also was a stakes race. But I already knew he would be pretty decent because his works were good. I just wouldn't be real quick to assume that because she says a horse gallops fast that he will be great or if she says he gallops awful that he will be terrible. (I had a TB that she wasn't impressed with come in 2nd.) I think there are a lot of variables that we still probably have to look at.

Just my opinion from my experiences so far. Maybe by the end of this year we'll be able to evaluate Mary better as more info comes in.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Oooooh! There's actually some routes available week 5 for 3 year old Arabians. I'm sticking Amir in one and hoping he brings his wings! :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯