Time/Date Display Options

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Time/Date Display Options

Post by The Admin »

In your profile, you can set the date/time format you prefer. Currently, the SIM has these formats:

2009-04-15 1:59 pm EDT
4/15/2009 1:59 pm
15 Apr 2009 13:59
15 Apr 2009 1:59 pm
Apr 15th, '09, 13:59
Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:59 pm
April 15th, 2009, 1:59 pm
|15 Apr 2009|, 13:59
|April 15th, 2009|, 1:59 pm

Are there any other formats that anyone out there would prefer? Of course there are other formats you can dream up, but we looking for any legitimate missing formats. Perhaps in your country you are used to something different. Almost any format is possible, but we don't want to load up the menu with too many obscure formats.
Thanks.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Time/Date Display Options

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Sorry for this being completely unrelated to your question, but it's something I've often thought of. I've often wished that the time and date was plainly displayed somewhere on the SIM (like on my "Office" page, I'd have a clock and calendar in my office!). That way I could easily notice things like when I can expect results or how long until an auction is over, specifically in SIM time and not just relying on my computer clock to be kinda close to SIM time.

And just for the record, I picked the time/date format that starts with the day of the week. I like having that as well as the date.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

15 Apr 2009 13:59 is by far the best time format but if it could have the day of the week ("Wed") or whatever first that would be the awesomest ever.

Also I agree with what Alysse says. A great big clock at the top of my main owner page at least would really help me out.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Done and done!

Added new format with day-of-the-week.
Added current time to the right of the "Upcoming Events".
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Oh that is perfect, thank you!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I have a related question. When I was looking for my time zone I didn't recognize any of the listed cities for me.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Anna, when I was selecting a city/time zone, I looked for one that had CDT (central time zone) and also was showing a current time that was the same as the time here.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The Time Zone list is very long. The reason it is so long is because some countries, states and cities have different daylight savings rules than others. Some states have multiple time zones. It doesn't try to list every city. Just choose a city that you know has the same time zone as you have.

I hope that helps.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Thanks! Although I don't know cities lol I'll find one.

Thanks Alex as well!