Help! :o

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

:huh: I really have no idea how to enter horses in races, or even to tell what gender they are and what equipment they have on...could anyone help me so I'm not so completely clueless? Please? :blink: I feel left out...I think I have a good horse, if anyone can see it (I don't even know if you can do that, lol) please tell me if it is a good horse...thanks for your help!
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Oh yeah, its name is Quality of Life. :)
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Hello...I can see someone is reading this thread but I have no idea what they are doing, either replying, or just reading...this game sounds complicated, but fun...help here! :D
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

See if you can get the Steward to change your forum name to your SIM name, that would help us avoid confusion. I was looking for a Nicole Thoroughbred in the SIM and you did not exist. :lol:

The horse you bought is only 1 year old- so you cannot race it yet. It must turn 2 first.

On your horse's page it has the name (Quality of Life) where your horse was bred (MD- Maryland) and if your horse is a maiden (non-winner) or not. Then in the next column you have color, gender, age and height in hands. Yours is b.f.1 15.3 so that means a bay filly who is 1 year old and will stand at 15.3 hands when it is full grown. I think the rest of the horse's page explains itself- but if you are still confused just ask.

Check your stable for Pure Tantrum. He is set to run this week. However, he is entered under my name so you will want to scratch him (you can do that from his page) and re-enter him. So write down the race he is in and what equipment I have on him... hopefully he will run nicely for you. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yes I was posting. :)

Oh and that 1 year old you bought may actually turn out nicely, so just keep ahold of him and maybe ship him to the closest $20 farm to save yourself some money since all he can do the rest of the year is hang around.
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Hey, thanks! I really appreciate your kindness in helping here...that helped a lot! :D I'm not so confused anymore...is that horse you gave to me mine to keep? Thanks so much again! :)
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Oh, wait...something else:

What do the letters/numbers mean under Pure Tantrum's race mean:
sr hb f8

Hmm...I will scratch him and re-enter him when you answer back...thanks! By the way, how do you enter horses in races? :P
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yep you can keep him.

:)
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Thanks! Umm...how do I get The Steward to change my forum name?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

She's on it :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

That Steward.. she's pretty crafty ;)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Go to the Buy Horses area - there are several older geldings up for sale for $100 (they go fat - so move) - you can put them into claimers at trial park for fellow newbies.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nicole Tanner
Two Year Old

Post by Nicole Tanner »

Cool, thanks! :D Everyone is so helpful here...
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Nicole Tanner wrote: What do the letters/numbers mean under Pure Tantrum's race mean:
sr hb f8
Those abbreviations are for the equipment he's entered with. If you try to enter him in any race, you'll see at the top of the page you check boxes to specify which equipment you want on him. There's a key on the page, too.

blinkers = b
lasix = l
shadow roll = sr
ear muffs = em
figure 8 bridle = f8
hind bandages/front bandages = hb/fb
no whip = nw
tongue tie = tt

And this is the page that explains what each piece of equipment can do. <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/racing/equipment.html' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/racing/equipment.html</a>
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Oh and psst ...on your player profile, "Screen name" refers to your AIM screen name. ;)
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500