Quaterhorse Yearling Auction- Gauging interest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Re: Quaterhorse Yearling Auction- Gauging interest

Post by Melissa Mae »

I know that the mixed breeds are horrible to get in now unless you have 25k+ to spend. I got lucky with claiming a few quarter horse mares last year that are decent (with one dud) and am hoping to breed them to decent stallions this year or next to hopefully get a few minor stakes winners but at this point it's rediculous to go to the sales page to try and buy something. Like someone else said, a tb mare with only 1 win and two checks in five starts would be lucky to go for 1k but a mixed breed with that same accomplishment (or less) goes for 10k+ and people actually buy them. Heck, I'm tracking a mixed bred horse right now that is priced at 95k and has only two on the board finishes (1 win and a second), granted the first and second were in stakes company but they haven't done anything since then. IMO, it's easy right now to go and buy/claim a decent cheaper mare, breed to a kick butt stallion, and race the foal. There's really no other way to get into the game until the market settles down which probably won't happen for a few years.