An Epic Head-To-Head Matchup

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

An Epic Head-To-Head Matchup

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Too over the top for my subject title? Maybe so, but I'm just flabbergasted each time my boy Gin On The Rocks meets up with Hanover Hack. I considered putting this in the 'Favorite Horses' thread, but then some Mixed Horse fans probably wouldn't have seen it.

Hanover Hack deservedly won the Champion Three Year Old Standardbred Trotter Male last year. His record now stands at 9:5-4-0 with all 4 places coming behind Gin On The Rocks.

Gin On The Rocks has a record of 9:6-3-0 with all 3 places coming behind Hanover Hack.

I had planned on trying to avoid HH this season, and was able to race without him in the first race, but he found me for the race last night. How in the world do these two continue to go back-and-forth? And each time they run, Todd sends me a funny PM win or lose. It's great.........

Just wanted to share. Share your battles?

Leo
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Re: An Epic Head-To-Head Matchup

Post by Landon Alexander »

Not as exciting as your example... but in the quarter horse 3yo fillies division:

My 16.2 brown filly Djin is 3:3-0-0 for 870-yards.

Sean Furney's 15.3 black filly Obsidian Dream is 3:0-3-0 for 870-yards (finishing 2nd behind Djin each time).

The margins separating the 2 fillies are: neck, neck, and 1/2 length... pretty well matched I'd say!
John Hannibal Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Hannibal Smith »

Heck yeah post that stuff... I love to hear about the rivalries and story lines; it's a whole lot more interesting than reading about MEC, EPO, and RIP - which is about all there is in the REAL trade mags anymore...
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

Leonard Beagle wrote:Too over the top for my subject title? Maybe so, but I'm just flabbergasted each time my boy Gin On The Rocks meets up with Hanover Hack. I considered putting this in the 'Favorite Horses' thread, but then some Mixed Horse fans probably wouldn't have seen it.

Hanover Hack deservedly won the Champion Three Year Old Standardbred Trotter Male last year. His record now stands at 9:5-4-0 with all 4 places coming behind Gin On The Rocks.

Gin On The Rocks has a record of 9:6-3-0 with all 3 places coming behind Hanover Hack.

I had planned on trying to avoid HH this season, and was able to race without him in the first race, but he found me for the race last night. How in the world do these two continue to go back-and-forth? And each time they run, Todd sends me a funny PM win or lose. It's great.........

Just wanted to share. Share your battles?

Leo
And my guy Hanover My Food is always a length behind them in 3rd. When are you guys going to let me get a piece of a winners check lol.