Sim Games

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I agree. I've played several different games, but this is the only one where I actually feel that the horses are real. Em is amazing beyond belief. She is always working so hard! The players too are amazing. Everyone is so kind to one another, and no one takes advantage of it either. This is far the best! :D
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I've played other games. 2 in fact. One, I hated and gave up on very quickly.
Two. I like very much. It kept me amused. I only took it up to help fill the void the loss of this game put in my heart and soul.

It's not hard to figure out where my loyality falls. I have 4 times more horses in this game and they get raced. :)

Althou, if anyone knows where I can find a harness racing game, I'd like to take a peek.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Sort've like that Radishworks game.. I had like a bazillion dollars the last time I played, but after a while, it gets predictable
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I'm sure I've played Final Stretch. Wasn't that the game that wanted you to feed a horse straw in the Stable Management part of the game? :unsure:
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Rose Hepburn wrote: I chose other. While I really like Sim Racing so far Hajinc's my main SIM game. For some shameless advertising, here's a link: <a href='http://www.hajinc.com/clickit.php?affid=1453' target='_blank'>Hunt & Jump Inc: Virtual Horse Game</a> ;)
I just wanted to say that Em wouldn't delete that post either... ;)

I've played Horseland, Ludus, Hajinc, Trophy Horse, Virtual ranch... Nothing like them compares to the SIM.

However i do play 2 forum based games, LAst Strides and Stride for Stride. I enjoy them both. I have powerful stables there... LOL ;)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Ah, so you're the one who posted an advertisment over there. :D Don't take it too personally, we've had some spammers over there so if you post an advertisement over there w/out posting a few other things too it'll get deleated. Someone in the Newbie forum over there stated that they were from the SIM and left a link and it hasn't gone down ;)
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

well i'd been registerd for awhile but every Question i had i'd look first and it would already be answered. LOL Em and I were trying to guess how long it would stay up. The Trophy Horse one was taken down too. But not as quickly.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

On the newbie forum over there I posted that I played the SIM but I put simhorseracing.com and yea but it's still up there. I am Jade there as well
Brassy Trumpet

Post by Brassy Trumpet »

I myself find that the best racing game on the web is Trophy Horse. It's a little more user friendly and makes foal gender random rather then letting you choose. While the color factor is neat in this game, it'd be a little better if you couldn't choose and it was based on genetics. Also another plus for this game is the ability to breed to real sires directly. However, I still would place a vote for Trophy Horse since it's a lot more user friendly and the game time line is a little more structered and easy to follow.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

BRASSY

YOU JOINED

(this is New River, btw lol)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

To me, Trophy Horse was dumbed down, generic, and cold. I'm biased, sure, but I think allowing players to choose foal stats is better than not. Less realistic? Sure. But it gives us a luxury real life breeders don't have.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

P.S. The SIM's timeline is the best. :P
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I play trophy horse as well, and unless you PAY them for a premium account i find it a lot less amusing then the SIM. I CAN'T breed, i CAN'T own as many horses as i'd like. I find that the entering is about the same and you know to run horses about every 5 days, which in my opinion, is less realistic then the SIM's weeks structure. I know some horses in RL that DO run every 5 days, and they are low level claimers. In the SIM you run your horse every other week, every 2, 3 or 4 weeks. It depends. takes more time to figure out your own horses. I find that the Trophy horses are easier to find the niches, i've not been playing for super long, perhaps 5 months, and i'm pretty good at knowing where my horses will fit. I don't have to decide equipment that will help the horse along. The pedigrees are more wishy washy on whether they like turf or dirt.

Anyway, Since i'm a newbie at both games for about the same amount of time i'd still go with the SIM. Since i'm not willing to shell out the $$$ for a premium account and here i can do stuff that I can't do there w/o paying. Sure here I can choose to pay, but still anyone who cna't afford to pay has basically the same abilities that others do. They just can't request RL mares/Stallions or create anything ast 1 horse. I cna't even breed my horses or have more then 5 on TH.

Anyway that's my rant about how TH is not better then the SIM. Oh and i spend about 30 minutes on TH each week and i spend about 15 hours on the SIM.... LOL