Retiring Geldings

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

At the end of this SIM year (and some earlier) - I'm going to be retiring a bunch of geldings that simply can't run, is there a cheap farm to retire them to? Is there a SIM form of ReRun to "donate" them to?
I'm just here for the fun of it
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

You can always donate them to Alexandra Jaysman. =D Or keep them at a cheap farm (Puerto Rico Farm is the cheapest, I think), but you'd have to pay for their board yourself.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

If any have me listed as the breeder, you can also give them to me, and I'll keep them fat and happy out in the fields with my other pensioned geldings.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

IsaP wrote: If any have me listed as the breeder, you can also give them to me, and I'll keep them fat and happy out in the fields with my other pensioned geldings.
Same with me :)
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I'm retiring a bunch of horses the end of this year too. I got a ton of 5 year old geldings who deserve retirement, though I have a few who might stay another year or two if they keep running well. I would keep them somewhere cheap as mentioned before.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I like my homebred geldings too, and will happily give them a home when they are done racing.
Amberlynn Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Amberlynn Cooper »

Isn't there a farm for pensioned horses?
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

I'm not sure who bred my 4yo gelding Yesterday Again (it's not listed in his stats), but I'm thinking of retiring him as well. He's not much of a runner either. :(
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Before retiring a horse (like a gelding), you can always give it to Alexandra Jaysman. The horse will be run as a filler for those short fields that need one or two horses in order to go.

Yesterday Again isn't going to be a much of a runner by any means. However, if you are vigilant and notice a race that has an open 4th or 5th spot you can pick up a check as a filler. If thats too much work for you, just use the "Give this horse away" button and select Alexandra Jaysman.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Thanks!!! B)
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

If you run across one of my geldings and aren't happy with them/want to retire them, I'll take them back and keep them at Journeys. If you have one of my younger horses, who aren't doing anything and don't want to breed/use as filler, send them my way to and I'll stick them in the field and recompensate you for what you paid for it.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week