Search Request

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Search Request

Post by Leonard Beagle »

There are many results nights when I don't have lots of entries, and wonder how my SIMfriends entries turned out.
And some nights, I'd like to be able to know ahead of time what races they are entered in.....but can't figure out a way (if there is one) to search for SIMfriends said races beside scrolling through every race.

Also, I'd like to search entries and results for offspring of certain sires and damsires.

Is an issue of privacy for fellow SIMsters the reason for no such search? Or some programming that I'm sure I wouldn't understand anyway?

To make all this simple, is there, or will there ever be a way to search entries and results by SIMster OR sire/damsire?

Thanks so much! :)

Leo
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Re: Search Request

Post by Jolene Danner »

you can kinda search entries by SIMster. Just go to entries and do a control + F and then type in their names. Or Command + F for a mac.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Thanks Jolene, I learned something new today! :)

Although, I'm still waiting to hear from admin. ;)
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hope this wasn't missed by admin.

:)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Basically, Leo, you are asking for a whole new interface to be built that has never happened before, in which you can either search entries and results, or some kind of expanded buddy system that shows a lot more of your friends details, which would then require the friends to be able to toggle on and off what SIM details can be seen by other players. Is a whole new entries and results interface in the works? Definitely not, it's only been 2 months since this one was launched. Could it happen one day in the future? Sure.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I appreciate the detailed response, and being a programming-idiot, I didn't know what it would entail.

Now I know! :)

Thanks for everything!

Leo