Fought Driver

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Fought Driver

Post by Leonard Beagle »

This is a new comment to me, and was hoping some with real-life standardbred experience could help me out.

Templar Treasure got the "Fought Driver" comment in her last race. Are there equipment suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Leo
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Fought Driver

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm interested if there's any clear-cut solutions, as well.

I've got the "fought driver" comment twice, both with aged geldings. On one, the horse was second when he got the comment. I didn't change anything, and he won the next race. However, since then he's thrown in a clunker, and I realize he's been racing every two weeks for a year and a half, and a rest is in order.

On the second horse, he got the "fought driver" comment while finishing far back. I added a tongue tie, and the comment went away the next race, but he still finished far back. It dawned on me that he'd been racing every two weeks for a while, so I decided to give him a few weeks off.

In the absence of more concrete information, I was developing a theory that "fought driver" might mean the horse is sour and perhaps doesn't have anything to do with equipment. However, your filly hasn't been raced all that aggressively (and she already had a tongue tie when she got the comment). So, I'm interested in what others might have to add.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I got that comment on my two year old who was making his debut yesterday. He finished near the back of the field.

this race

I was told to give him tt so we shall see what happens next.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Regina Moore wrote: In the absence of more concrete information, I was developing a theory that "fought driver" might mean the horse is sour and perhaps doesn't have anything to do with equipment.
This is an interesting theory, and I'm intrigued! Maybe some standardbreds DO prefer a 2-week break, instead of 1-week.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Leo
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

This is an interesting theory, and I'm intrigued!
In doesn't make sense, though, in light of Janena's experience with her 2yo.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Regina Moore wrote:
This is an interesting theory, and I'm intrigued!
In doesn't make sense, though, in light of Janena's experience with her 2yo.
But, a horse can be 'sour' for more reasons than just being tired. I'm gonna pet her, and feed her, and groom her, and pet her, and feed her, and groom her, and on-and-on. Maybe that'll make her happy! :)