Is He Done?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Is He Done?

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Why not try him going 870 yards? It's worth a shot just to give breeders the chance to see how he does going longer.

I'm also debating retiring my own paint stallion (Illegality), and I'm caught in the same place between what to do with him. So I know how you feel right now!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Cleo, I most certainly do not think he is DONE. Only finished 1/4 length from first in his last race! He's still competitive, and maybe gets a half-length better trip next time! ;)

And yes, looks stud-worth to me. But unfortunately, I have no handle on stud fees for the mixed breeds.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I don't think he's done. I'd at least keep him racing til the end of the year. It seems like paint fees are anywhere from 5k to 15k depending on what the horse has done, I'd say he'd be in the 10-15k range.

Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

Please stand Apollinaire whether or not you decide to keep him running through next year or retire him this year. :)

I may not have mares for him this year, myself, but I'll certainly have some next year.

kthanksbai :)
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

definitely stand him at stud & I agree he's not done yet... let him finish out the season! :)