Advice...

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

My little Dynaslew broke his maiden...

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=30943' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=30943</a>

However...he had this line:

Dynaslew 1/2 Ageelaid 1 Bouvet 4 Broke outwards settled bore out turn easily

I believe figure 8 will fix the "bore out turn" problem...

What is breaking outwards and is it a problem blinkers can fix?
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

The figure 8 would probably solve the boreing out problem and I believe blinkers may solve the bad break. However, even with those problems your horse won easily in his first race. I would probably chalk those problems up to him being green. I'd probably enter him in a NW2 or an easy allowance about the same length, leave the equipment the same and see if he can repeat that win.

Congrats by the way. I didn't get my first win until my third year.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I don't normally change their equipment if they won. They did win so... Nice colt by the way :D
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Okay, I think the only change I'm going to make is that we're going to run on dirt (dad never had a problem with that) in an NW2 at Churchill for 3 year olds. The competition already looks a little better this time...but he should be a really good Grade I colt...a and we'll try a graded stakes after this one depending on how this race goes.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I personaly would keep him on the turf. AP Indy has sired some nice turf horses, and his dam, Film Maker, is a turf star herself. Your colt has shown he likes the turf, so I would keep him on turf.