Second Arabian Workout Distance?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Second Arabian Workout Distance?

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Just getting my toes wet in the mixed breed racing water. Picked up a couple of 2Yr old Arabians from the Stewards sale, gave them the usual 4F Workout, week 8. So far, so good: couple with well above average times. My instinct is to wait till week 12, and give them a 6F workout, which might give me a clue as to whether they are better at long or short distances (since there is no breeding to go on). Does that sound about right? Thank you, Martin
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Fred Vieane
Sprinter

Re: Second Arabian Workout Distance?

Post by Fred Vieane »

Martin,

Im too much of a noob.

I just threw my Arabian to the lions and ran them at 4f. LOL

But then again I have no clue what Im doing with any of my horses.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I would suggest working your horses out twice before entering them. And giving them a few weeks rest between workouts. I thought horses were actually required to workout twice before hitting the track.
Fred Vieane
Sprinter

Post by Fred Vieane »

Ian Nicastrin wrote:I would suggest working your horses out twice before entering them. And giving them a few weeks rest between workouts. I thought horses were actually required to workout twice before hitting the track.
yep, i forgot mine were newly created 3yo. hence my noobness.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Martin, since your 2yos can't race till next year why not space out their workouts and give them a shot at 5F as well as 6F? You have plenty of time.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Yeah, I'd work them two different distances, at least. Just to see what they can do.