Coming Soon! Beagle & Clampett Mixed Names Contest-Ver.III

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: Coming Soon! Beagle & Clampett Mixed Names Contest-Ver.III

Post by Leonard Beagle »

So, some feedback is needed! Just a quick post on your part will ease our minds a little. We always worry about the prizes being significant enough!

If you are planning on playing, are the prizes 'good' enough?

If you are only going to play if the prizes are superb, are you happy with the quality of the prizes?

If you aren't playing, is it because of the prizes?

That's it for now, we will really appreciate some feedback on this.....

Leo
:)
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Bueller?
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Now, what we really, really need are (1) more puzzles and (2) everybody to get ready to enter for whatever you can.

And, I'm so grateful for those who have sent in puzzles already. What I want to do is to send everybody who's sent in puzzles 1,000 GPs as a thank you.

I've got (awesome, and thank you) puzzles from Bill Outsilver, Cathie Morris, Cleo Patra, Ramey F, and Iggy T.

I hope I haven't missed anybody, but it's very possible

What I've tried to do is to send each of you 1,000 GPs as a thank you.
So...
if you were mentioned and didn't get the GP's, please tell me so I can send them
If you sent puzzles and I forgot to mention you, remind me so I can send GPs (and make sure I've got your puzzles)

And -- for everybody else -- we're still looking for puzzles for the next couple of weeks (deadline would be Friday, week 16). For puzzles received between now and week 16, there will be a potential of more prizes.

And I'm asking -- cause we'd really like more puzzles -- for those who have sent in puzzles:
1) send in more!
2) post and tell people that's it's fun :D
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Cathie Morris
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Cathie Morris »

I was wondering what that 1,000 gps was for. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

If people send in puzzle ideas and they are selected will they still be able to play the game?
Would they just attempt to solve other puzzles?
True North By The Sea
Ohio Blue Paint Sprinter
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Cathie Morris wrote:I was wondering what that 1,000 gps was for. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

If people send in puzzle ideas and they are selected will they still be able to play the game?
You can solve ANY puzzle. Each set will have no more than 1 submission from you......so, you'll have a head start on that set, but will still have to work out the other two.

It's one of the advantages to submitting puzzles! ;)
Cathie Morris
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Cathie Morris »

Leonard Beagle wrote:
Cathie Morris wrote:I was wondering what that 1,000 gps was for. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

You can solve ANY puzzle. Each set will have no more than 1 submission from you......so, you'll have a head start on that set, but will still have to work out the other two.

It's one of the advantages to submitting puzzles! ;)

Perfect!! Thanks Leo.
True North By The Sea
Ohio Blue Paint Sprinter
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Creating puzzles is really a blast, I suggest everyone give it a try. I am sure some of mine are clunkers, but some of them turn out to be good, so what's it hurt, give it a shot!
Sasha Heald
Derby Contender

Post by Sasha Heald »

Leonard Beagle wrote:Just so everyone knows, I've dusted off the thesaurus! There are so many ways to say 'NO'. :)
:twisted: BRING IT ON!!

Oh, and I'm working on some more puzzles, I'll message them to you in a bit :mrgreen:
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Get ready!! :twisted:

We're planning to post the puzzles for the maiden contest the morning of Saturday after week 16. (that's mid morning CDT (US) ) Remember at the start of the contest, puzzles can only be solved by "maidens" -- that's NOT newbies to the SIM, it's anybody who has never before won any puzzle in our previous MN contests. And then, after 4 days, if there are any unsolved puzzles, it will be open to "NW2" -- that's anybody who has only won once before in any MN contest (including this one). And if there should be any unsolved puzzles after another 2 days, it will be open to everyone.

Then when that's over, we'll start the "open" contest. Everyone will be eligible here to win one prize. And, of course, after some time has passed, it will be opened up again (and again) to allow previous winners to win again.

So, everybody, get ready to call Leo's bluff(?) and test to see just how many ways he can find to say no. :twisted:

Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Jeb should be publicly thanked, as she's worked harder and harder in each edition of this game. Personally, I can't believe how she has as much time as she does to do all she does for the contest. So, if you're a fan of the puzzles, be sure to let her know!

Thanks JEB, you are the best!

Also, there were some FANTASTIC puzzles sent in this season. We're having to come up with less and less each season.

And, we're finalizing the puzzle list now, so head to the Mensa store, and put a Thinking Cap on layaway right now!!

:)

Leo
Brooke Adams I
Miler

Post by Brooke Adams I »

I'm feeling realy stupid.
I don't fully understand how to be part of the contest
:(
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Brooke Gn wrote:I'm feeling realy stupid.
I don't fully understand how to be part of the contest
:(
And so you're really smart to ask. And it's simple once you know how. Just go to the "Beagle and Clampett Maiden Contest IS OPEN TO ALL!!!!!" thread next to this one and read the first post. You'll see the prizes and puzzles -- taken and still available.

Reading through the posts, you'll see lots of examples of how people guess. And after each person guesses correctly, they make a post explaining how they solved the puzzles which is really very helpful.

Then, pick an unsolved puzzle set where you feel lucky, make some guesses and post the total of the horse id's at the bottom. Ta da...you've entered the contest!

Good luck!

Brooke Adams I
Miler

Post by Brooke Adams I »

thank you, I shall give it ago :)
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

So I take it all anyone has to do in order to give Puzzle Submissions is to PM either one of you guys, and same thing goes for Prize gifts?
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Katie Grenier wrote:So I take it all anyone has to do in order to give Puzzle Submissions is to PM either one of you guys, and same thing goes for Prize gifts?
Exactly right for puzzle submissions - which may get rewarded with GP's. Prize gifts vary: GP's and SIM$ get sent to you. Foals and breedings, if you win, you need to contact the donor.

But, the MN Contest is now on vacation -- traditionally it's run over the break. We'll be back asking for puzzles and donated prizes later in this year. Hope to see you there :D