Guilty Pleasures

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

In the spirit of entertaining ourselves, here is the guilty pleasures thread!

I will start. I secretly love Riverdance and watch the videotape all the time despite my teenaged peers thinking it's the epitome of Dorky.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

So many to choose from, because I am the biggest nerd.

I love musicals. I've recently been on an Evita kick. When I was little, I'd watch the Sound of Music allllll the time, and I remember being awestruck when my parents took me to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. That Me First and the Gimme Gimmes album, "Are A Drag" - SO COOL. I want to WRITE a musical! That would be fun.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I LOVE musicals as well - I was in Joseph as a youngin' because the "narrator" singer in the real production's kid went to our school so she directed one at our school.

Lilo and Stitch is my favorite movie and I've seen it at least 45 times. I counted up til 30 then stopped.

N Sync's first CD is really awesome. Don't deny it. I also know a large band of girls that I am a part of who admit Five is the greatest band to rock out to :-D

Um I'd write more but my fiance is going to go get dinner and I believe he's already left and ditched me now so I'll come back to this...weeeeeeee
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Oh my god, I remember Five!

Ummmm, I suppose I could say I've been listening to the Platinum Christmas cd nonstop for the past week straight, so much so that I have one of the songs permanently embedded in my brain...
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

The Steward wrote: I LOVE musicals as well - I was in Joseph as a youngin' because the "narrator" singer in the real production's kid went to our school so she directed one at our school.

Lilo and Stitch is my favorite movie and I've seen it at least 45 times. I counted up til 30 then stopped.

N Sync's first CD is really awesome. Don't deny it. I also know a large band of girls that I am a part of who admit Five is the greatest band to rock out to :-D

Um I'd write more but my fiance is going to go get dinner and I believe he's already left and ditched me now so I'll come back to this...weeeeeeee
I love Five! I have their old first album on cassette back home.

My guilty pleasure is watching Sailor Moon (Japanese anime) episodes on youtube and the two box sets I own. When it first came out I was so crazy addicted to this show. I owned the toys, stickers, movies, etc. Now I catch myself looking up episodes to watch when I feel sad here in college. Kinda like walk down memory lane...
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Musicals ROCK!! Joseph is one of my faves! I hate Cats though. lol

I've seen Dirty Dancing over 100 times... I used to get up early to watch it before school. then i'd watch it when i got home. I also like the movie From Justin To Kelly... LOL
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: My guilty pleasure is watching Sailor Moon (Japanese anime) episodes on youtube and the two box sets I own. When it first came out I was so crazy addicted to this show. I owned the toys, stickers, movies, etc. Now I catch myself looking up episodes to watch when I feel sad here in college. Kinda like walk down memory lane...
Omg I watched those every morning before school when I was in elementary. I loved the whole Sailor Moon - Tuxedo Mask love story.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I think I speak for both Susie and myself when I say...The-N. Degrassi, Instant Star, South of Nowhere and our dearly departed Radio Free Roscoe (and, of course, Daria reruns!). Yes, we are guilty, yes, it gives us very, very much pleasure!
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Yes, I love musicals as well. My dad took me to see The Pirates of Penzance on my 14th birthday, and I loved every minute (see where Isa got her last name?).

But my real thing is pirates. I love pirates. My favorite movie is The Princess Bride.. I can quote half the movie without fault. I adore The Count of Monte Cristo. I've seen both Pirates of the Carribean movies at least twice if not more. I have the 2nd Pirates of the Carribean sound track. I programmed my iPod with as many Pirates music as I cound find. I even have the theme song to the Pirates of the Carribean RIDE in Disney World. I fence and have my very own pirate flag and absolutely gorgeous rapier. My favorite real life pirate is Calico Jack, and I have a t-shirt with his flag emblazoned across it that I'll smuggle in to wear at work occasionally.

Someone here calls me a pirate.. and it's me :) All because if that silly ride in Disney World.. my dad used to pretend to try to throw me overboard when we got to the wench auction. The pirates all yell, "We want the redhead!", and my dad would yell back, "You can have her!"

I love pirates.

And that's my story.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Sarah Chase wrote:
MichelleCalderoni wrote: My guilty pleasure is watching Sailor Moon (Japanese anime) episodes on youtube and the two box sets I own. When it first came out I was so crazy addicted to this show. I owned the toys, stickers, movies, etc. Now I catch myself looking up episodes to watch when I feel sad here in college. Kinda like walk down memory lane...
Omg I watched those every morning before school when I was in elementary. I loved the whole Sailor Moon - Tuxedo Mask love story.
Yes me too! That was another reason why i watched it, still kinda do. I am such a sucker for that rommance - destiny thing.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Okay, I was a Nick kid, and me and my friends get in spirited, nostaligic conversations sometimes about the following programs, because they were DOPE!

Salute Your Shorts ("Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you, it makes me want to FART!")
Hey Dude
Pete & Pete
Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Clarissa Explains It All (Ferguson! Haha)
Ren & Stimpy

I recently watched Ren & Stimpy for the first time in years, with my eight-year-old sister and four-year-old brother (how much more pathetic can I sound in one sentence?). I was laughing so hard I was crying. What a disgusting show, but god, it was funny. Especially the baboon.

And even though it was made way after my "kid" time, I love Spongebob. Have you seen the Dirty Dan episode? Classic.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

First of all, Lysse, I'm SO not guilty! I'm damn proud and love every minute :D I think Beyond the Break probably falls in that category though... and One Tree Hill.

And Mallory... TOTALLY miss all those old shows. I still know the whole theme to Hey Dude. And I JUST saw Ren and Stimpy for the first time in who knows how many years on Saturday. Such fun.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

IsaP wrote: Yes, I love musicals as well. My dad took me to see The Pirates of Penzance on my 14th birthday, and I loved every minute (see where Isa got her last name?).

But my real thing is pirates. I love pirates. My favorite movie is The Princess Bride.. I can quote half the movie without fault. I adore The Count of Monte Cristo. I've seen both Pirates of the Carribean movies at least twice if not more. I have the 2nd Pirates of the Carribean sound track. I programmed my iPod with as many Pirates music as I cound find. I even have the theme song to the Pirates of the Carribean RIDE in Disney World. I fence and have my very own pirate flag and absolutely gorgeous rapier. My favorite real life pirate is Calico Jack, and I have a t-shirt with his flag emblazoned across it that I'll smuggle in to wear at work occasionally.

Someone here calls me a pirate.. and it's me :) All because if that silly ride in Disney World.. my dad used to pretend to try to throw me overboard when we got to the wench auction. The pirates all yell, "We want the redhead!", and my dad would yell back, "You can have her!"

I love pirates.

And that's my story.
Haha do you have that Vandals song? It's punk but it's about the ride, it's fun if you can deal with the lovely recording job.

I've been to Disneyland at least twice a year for the past 15 years, and as far as I can remember, Pirates was always my favorite. Also, Drew asked me to be his girlfriend on my birthday on that ride, so it kind of has a romantic value now. Our third anniversary is coming up this December, I think we'll have to go back because I haven't seen the new version yet with Captain Jack!

I guess I should add something about Disneyland making me a giddy little girl. Ahhh I love it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My dad worked in the music industry for many years and I swear he did the Hey Dude theme song. I'll ask him tomorrow!

My favorite shows growing up were the 2 hours from Disney in the mornings... DarkWing Duck, Bonkers, Goof Troop, etc. If I could get my hands on those I'm sure I'd still watch it.

I love animated movies in general. I'm bummed out because I can't convince anyone to see Flushed Away with me.... or likely Happy Feet, either.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I never watched Disney as a kid but when I was in 8th grade I sort of discovered it so every day after school I'd come home and watch:

4:30 pm - Lilo & Stitch: The Show (salad)
5 pm: Kim Possible (main course)
5:30 pm - The Proud Family (dessert)
6 pm: Even Stevens (while my stuffed self lies on the bed, unable to move)

GOOD TIMES.

And on the weekend I'd watch Rollie Pollie Olie, JoJo's Circus, and the best show ever, PB & J OTTER.

As a kid, I watched:

Arthur (I still know the theme song by heart)
Doug
Angela Anaconda
S Club 7

I distinctly remember watching S Club 7 while eating the barbecue flavored Hot Pockets.

I recently saw E's countdown of the 100 Guiltiest Guilty Pleasures and I just felt really, well, guilty because I did almost everything on the list. Sudoku? Check. "Reading" the Victoria's Secret catalogs. Check. Now I know what you're thinking, an impressionable teen shouldn't be reading those things, but they're sent to me, and I totally think Gisele and Adrianna are hot. ;)

I now watch The Real World and the Real World/Road Rules Challenges on MTV. So, so guilty. *evil grin*
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500