Guilty Pleasures

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Probably using Boogie Beebies as the anti-dote to a hangover.

It's a show where the presenters dance and the viewer's meant to copy them (viewers are normally aged 4 to 6). My entire house used to do it in University
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: My guilty pleasure is watching Sailor Moon (Japanese anime) episodes on youtube and the two box sets I own. When it first came out I was so crazy addicted to this show. I owned the toys, stickers, movies, etc. Now I catch myself looking up episodes to watch when I feel sad here in college. Kinda like walk down memory lane...
Not only did I watch every episode and every movie and own all three movies, the English translations as well as subtitled, I drew art for it and I wrote fanfiction for it. And still do. I have a website dedicated to it:

<a href='http://www.geocities.com/returnofcsw2003' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/returnofcsw2003</a>

Thats my guilty pleasure that I haven't had much time for recently. Makes me sad.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

MalloryGuesnon wrote:
Haha do you have that Vandals song? It's punk but it's about the ride, it's fun if you can deal with the lovely recording job.
That one, I don't have.. what's it called? I'll see if I can find it.

Oh, and Em.. I have only one thing to say..

"I am the terror that flaps in the night
I am the grapenut stuck between your teeth
I am Darkwing Duck!"
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Susie Raisher wrote: First of all, Lysse, I'm SO not guilty! I'm damn proud and love every minute :D
Haha, true. I shamelessly admit my love for The-N! It's more like a shameless pleasure, I guess.

And the old school Nick shows SERIOUSLY rule. I work with a 15yo girl and had the sad realization the other day that she has never even heard of the likes of Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Ledgends of the Hidden Temple, Clarissa, etc. (Note: Clarissa was by far the coolest show ever.) I always thought that they should have a whole channel just for old Nick shows. You can find some of the game ones on the Nick GAS channel, but I was the other stuff.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

We weren't allowed to watch the old Nick shows.. cable was a 'new fad' that didn't become a necessity until I went to college. I was the only one in high school not to get any Ren and Stimpy jokes.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

The Steward wrote: I'm bummed out because I can't convince anyone to see Flushed Away with me....
I wanna see that!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Susie Raisher wrote:
The Steward wrote: I'm bummed out because I can't convince anyone to see Flushed Away with me....
I wanna see that!
Me too!

My guilty pleasures would have to be Harry Potter... and I used to be one of those Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh kids. Oh my.

I still love HP though even though some people think it is silly.

Oh and I used to love the Back Street Boys... but I hated N Sync :P

OH and I love musicals! I love The Sound of Music and Singin' in the Rain!!!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Becca Banner wrote:
MichelleCalderoni wrote: My guilty pleasure is watching Sailor Moon (Japanese anime) episodes on youtube and the two box sets I own. When it first came out I was so crazy addicted to this show. I owned the toys, stickers, movies, etc. Now I catch myself looking up episodes to watch when I feel sad here in college. Kinda like walk down memory lane...
Not only did I watch every episode and every movie and own all three movies, the English translations as well as subtitled, I drew art for it and I wrote fanfiction for it. And still do. I have a website dedicated to it:

<a href='http://www.geocities.com/returnofcsw2003' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/returnofcsw2003</a>

Thats my guilty pleasure that I haven't had much time for recently. Makes me sad.
Becca, I think you may be my new best friend. We must talk about our Sailor Moon fandom sometime. =p
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

We must, we must :)

I just bred a new foal a few days ago, a Declan's Moon baby, and named her Sailor Moon. I'm obsessed :P
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Emily Mitchell wrote:
Susie Raisher wrote:
I wanna see that!
Me too!
Wait one second. Emily M and Susie and I are going to be in the same state for 48 hours and we're not making plans to see a dorky kid movie that we all want to see!?

Who's in charge around here!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

The Steward wrote:
Emily Mitchell wrote:
Susie Raisher wrote: I wanna see that!
Me too!
Wait one second. Emily M and Susie and I are going to be in the same state for 48 hours and we're not making plans to see a dorky kid movie that we all want to see!?

Who's in charge around here!?
lol

well we could go see it... uuuuuhhhhh... at some point during the crazy busy weekend? or wait, what about Thursday night? :)

Flushed Away is by the creators of Wallace and Gromit which is the BEST short film stuff ever! The movie was so-so. But man, the short films ROCK! The one with the sheep is the best. :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Becca Banner wrote: We must, we must :)

I just bred a new foal a few days ago, a Declan's Moon baby, and named her Sailor Moon. I'm obsessed :P
I am planning on naming one Queen Serenity sometime soon. I love that series so much!
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Emily Mitchell wrote: I still love HP though even though some people think it is silly.
Are you kidding me? The SIM is totally Harry Potter friendly. Let me tell you something, I am one of those dorks who brags about having read books 5 and 6 in 5 hours each. People think I'm not serious when I say this, but I am speaking from the heart when I say I love Sirius Black. I was going to marry him until book 5 (which is my favorite book despite the ending), and now I'm reduced to just fantasizing about me and him. I cried for hours at the end of book 5, I was seriously heartbroken. His story is so sad. And I cried on the school bus listening to a song that reminded me of him. I have it BAD.

Bottom line is, I am hot for Sirius Black.

Edit: By the way, I HATE GARY OLDMAN. That's just what he is - an OLD MAN. NOT HOT, BUTT UGLY, AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE UPSIDE DOWN RAINBOW TATTOO ON HIS CHEST?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Dude. I think Harry Potter is a great series. And Mercedes Lackey is a great author. Although I am not Eragon-friendly (sorry Eragon lovers).

I love sappy romance stories too. I love the fact that they're so predictable. I love every cliched part of them (not sarcasm). I really do love them. =D
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Sarah Chase wrote:
Emily Mitchell wrote: I still love HP though even though some people think it is silly.
Are you kidding me? The SIM is totally Harry Potter friendly. Let me tell you something, I am one of those dorks who brags about having read books 5 and 6 in 5 hours each. People think I'm not serious when I say this, but I am speaking from the heart when I say I love Sirius Black. I was going to marry him until book 5 (which is my favorite book despite the ending), and now I'm reduced to just fantasizing about me and him. I cried for hours at the end of book 5, I was seriously heartbroken. His story is so sad. And I cried on the school bus listening to a song that reminded me of him. I have it BAD.

Bottom line is, I am hot for Sirius Black.

Edit: By the way, I HATE GARY OLDMAN. That's just what he is - an OLD MAN. NOT HOT, BUTT UGLY, AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE UPSIDE DOWN RAINBOW TATTOO ON HIS CHEST?
Ugh! I hate Gary Oldman! I loves me some Sirius and even named a baby Isa Black. But I also love the Lupin... so.. .I guess I'll take Lupin and Sarah can have Sirius?
I'll just knock off Tonks.....