Guilty Pleasures

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I guess naming SIM horses in and of itself is not a guilty pleasure, but the AMOUNT of pleasure finding a great name gives me sort of is.

Case in point - I'm giggling to myself because I just decided Stroke of Midnight's next foal's name will be Bibbidibobbidiboo. Her first two were Glass Slipper and Prince Charming. HAHAHAHA.

And Dream Supreme's next will be a filly called Palpatina. Get it? Dream SUPREME, SUPREME Chancellor Palpatine? I really crack myself up sometimes.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

ASchmidt wrote: God I graduated HS in 1994 and still have all of my Ace of Base cds! Hidden of course ;)
1995 here....

Did you have the Atari 2600? The IBM XT was my first computer. My dad dialed in to work on occasion. I remember thinking "My computer is talking to a computer at IBM? How can it do that???"

That was my first experience with the internet.

And I was the first person that my dad ever knew of who used all 640k of memory that even Bill Gates said would never be used!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

This is such a fun thread!

I loved Darkwing Duck and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles growing up, and would probably watch them if I ever caught them. I can hardly admit this, but Full House was an addiction of mine when I was younger, but I can barely stomach a few moments of it now. -cue sappy music-

My biggest shame is probably that I'm 22, away at college, and still sleep with my pink blankie I was given as an infant. Yes, it's a "blankie" not a blanket, thank you! All the silk around the edges is coming off, but no worries, my Nana already agreed to sew some new on when I'm home for Thanksgiving! I'd be beside myself if anything ever happened to it, and I do plan on taking it on my honeymoon (assuming I ever get married)...

Also, I watch One Tree Hill every week. I'm shameless...
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

:ph34r: *licks cookie dough ice cream off spoon*
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I am going to seriously date myself here - I watched on original TV and still love:

The Muppet Show (It's time to play the music...) - I still have a thing for Kermit

The Dukes of Hazzard, The A Team, Misfits of Science (have all aired 8 episodes on Beta - Coartney Cox when she was a wonder-friend...), The TV Series Beauty & the Beast (even have the CD of Vincent reciting love poems)

I love Musicals and Gilbert & Sullivan operettas (my Sadler's Wells create a horse filly is named Pinafore)

I so love the new series Heroes (I love the "save the cheerleader, save the world" tagline)
I'm just here for the fun of it
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

K.. dating myself...

I love The Greatest American Hero.. saw the DVD sets in Walmart and didn't buy them because I had no money. Now that I'm starting to have money again, I can't find them! Believe it or not Iiiiiiiiii'm walkin on air. I never thought I could feel so free-hee-hee!

I used to watch the origional Superman in syndication. That's when my dad taught me that Superman doesn't fly. He just jumps for a very long time.

Dr Who was awesome! The darlecks gave me nightmares forever!

I had a crush on Captain Kirk looooooooooong before anyone knew it was a toupee. But I had a bigger crush on Spock.

Saturday morning was Kids Incorporated (K-I-D-S!), The Land of the Lost, Thundercats, He-Man, Transformers, My Little Pony and She-Ra, but if I was really good, I was allowed to stay in to watch The Super Mario Brothers Super Show (I had a hard crush on Link)

Thursday, we got to watch The Cosby Show and then Family Ties.. we would always beg (but never be allowed) to watch Cheers (we heard Coach was funny).

If I could find the sets of all of those shows, I would watch them forever.

Does anyone remember the My Little Pony movie where the bad guy was turning the ponies into dragons? For some reason, I can't ever find it... I always find the other one... Yes, my My Little Ponies had races. Moonbeam (the unicorn) was always the winner. But Barbie was queen of the rodeo in my house. If I liked her, she rode Dallas and Midnight expertly. If I didn't, Dallas threw her then ran over her.

We had issues ;)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

My mom used to record My Little Pony for me while i was at Kindergarten. lol, i loved that show. It must have been on in the afternoon when i was 5 cause i had afternoon kindergarten. I loved the Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Actually i still love the turtles. I remember it was the first movie that my sister and I and our 2 best friends got to go see alone. We were so excited.

My parents let my sister and i watch Cheers. I love that show. I think i've seen every episode. lol

I have a whole box of My Little Ponies in the attic and i love them and no one is allowed to have them. LOL
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Rainbow Brite.. :)

I always got up early to watch Astro Boy.. However I bought a box set of the whole series and have only watched a handful of episodes. Must have been cooler when I was a kid...
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Oh, I loved Rainbow Brite!

Actually, I wanted to *be* Rainbow Brite. Or...at least to have her horse.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Ooooh, I had a Rainbow Brite RECORD. It was awesome. "Starlite, Rainbow Bright, little wish in the moonlight. Sunbeam sparkle and shine. You'll always be a friend of mine!" Hahaha, I still remember that song.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I have Rainbow Brite's horse.. but for some wierd reason, I decided that he had to have a short mane and tail.. because well.. uhh.. the hunters and race horses I had seen at that time had short manes and tails...

So.. yeah..

I have Sprite somewhere, too. I think my sister and I ended up using our Sprites as pin cushions.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Guilty pleasures... lets see... More than a few, but then that's life on a college campus I suppose!

As far as the general themes of this thread... I'm the best Tetris player you've ever met (on the original old-school GameBoy). I love to cook, and can probably make better apple pie than you've ever eaten. I think that maybe the coolest non-mainstream sport that I've ever seen is sumo wrestling, and I knew all the top Sumo wrestlers when I lived in Japan as a young kid.

I firmly believe that all music has enough cowbell, and that country music is the greatest music there is, with the possible exception of jazz piano. I love pop music (all of it), like all dogs better than I like most people, and can't stand to watch horror movies; they freak me out like nothing else. I love blankets and soft, fuzzy, warm things, so I do things like compulsively buy sweatshirts just to wear a sweatshirt that hasn't been washed.

My most prized possession in the world, with the possible exception of my computer, is my memory-foam mattress pad: its the most comfortable thing ever, and when you combine that with my gazillion pillows, multiple blankets, etc... Its like sleeping on air, it rocks my socks off.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Isa, the My Little Ponies turning into dragons was Firefly's Adventure and I LOVED it. I remember saving up (what seemed like) millions of pennies to buy the VHS and Firefly together. Then I wore out the tape and my brother shot Firefly with his bee bee gun when I was 15. Sadly, I cried when I saw it.

Anyway, Stargate SG-1 is my guilty pleasure and I've gotten most of my friends hooked on it. Atlantis is good to, but it will never replace SG-1.

*just found out that Firefly's Adventure is also called Escape from Midnight Castle.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

MEMORY FOAM IS GOD!!!!!!

Susie's gonna chime in on this one, too

And the best apple pie, nope, Mommy makes that one.

And, yes, country music does rock. <3 Keith Urban
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Eric Nalbone wrote: I firmly believe that all music has enough cowbell, and that country music is the greatest music there is, with the possible exception of jazz piano.
Um....wait.

There are people who *don't* think that country music is the greatest? I find that incomprehensible.