Just a thought...might help?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Just a thought...might help?

Post by Stormy Peak »

I notice when I go to the home sign-in/sign-up page...you have the sign-up link and link to the store.

A direct link to this forum might be helpful for someone 'testing' the waters as far as looking for an online-horse racing sim to play

I know that after clicking the sign-up page link, it takes one to a page with tabs at the top that can lead one to the forum if a person looks through them.

My own personal experience when looking for a horse racing sim:
When I first found this site - I found the home page with a direct forum link and I came to the forum first as a guest, read a lot of stuff before I considered joining. I, doubt I would have even clicked on a sign-up button without first getting a kind of 'feel' for what the people and the game was all about.

For potential new players who get to the home page ..a direct link to the forum on the first page say, under the 'store' link might be something worth considering. ???

It could be a good way to grab someone's attention quick.

Maybe some people are more curious than me...lol...but I would have looked at that sign-up link and thought...na...not until I find out more about the game.

The forum is a great place for doing that, after reading posts here, I wrote a short note to 'The Steward' and asked a few questions that were promptly answered and then joined.
So...maybe even a 'contact' link might be something to consider too?

Glad I found this site - I've had a lot of fun here. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Just a thought...might help?

Post by The Steward »

Without actually reading this whole post, there is a contact link on the main page of the site before logging in.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Re: Just a thought...might help?

Post by Melissa Mae »

I agree on having a forum link on the sign in page. I LOVE the lay out for us that are already SIMsters but if I were a prospective new player and just saw that page I probably wouldn't sign up unless someone I knew was a member and loved the game (who DOESN'T love this game?)