MN Festival of CHAMPIONS DAY!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

MN Festival of CHAMPIONS DAY!

Post by Jolene Danner »

August 30th, Sunday is Festival day. Emily will be HERE for it!!

Who else wants to join in the festivities??

I know there are plenty of people in and around the area so you all need to plan to be there!!! Plus ROCK N FIRE could be ready then!! Or Pyro could be in a race or CUBFANBUDMAN or Nomorewineforeddie and who doesn't want to see them!!???!!!
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Re: MN Festival of CHAMPIONS DAY!

Post by Rob Canterbury »

I'll be there!
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited to partake in live Minnesota racing for the first time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Should I convince my bf to go that day? We went to the Claiming Crown last year (though I didn't get to see Jolene because he didn't want to go up on third deck).

I remember I got burnt like a Lobster and kept getting phone calls / texts from Ashley G. asking where I was and why I wasn't in the paddock haha. And we were watching the children dressed up in prom like attire who were smoking cigars in front of us. Crazy MN people!

IF Pyro is there, I will drag him there by his toes!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Janena Olson wrote:Should I convince my bf to go that day? We went to the Claiming Crown last year (though I didn't get to see Jolene because he didn't want to go up on third deck).

I remember I got burnt like a Lobster and kept getting phone calls / texts from Ashley G. asking where I was and why I wasn't in the paddock haha. And we were watching the children dressed up in prom like attire who were smoking cigars in front of us. Crazy MN people!

IF Pyro is there, I will drag him there by his toes!
Just to clarify, Pyro's JC name is Sol Fire. LOL

Festival day is AMAZINGLY FUN! I can take people basically anywhere, backside, paddock, roof, press box, winners circle even maybe! heheh Chances are I'll know multiple owners of horses running that day so the paddock is probably a definite for going in and looking important.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Janena, I say come, because who doesn't want to hang out!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

You know what? I'm gonna do my damnedest (sp?) to go to this!

Hey Jolene, how long a drive is it?

Also, this is 1 day after my birthday!!! :) So, if I come up, I'll expect cake and a round of booze!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Leonard Beagle wrote:You know what? I'm gonna do my damnedest (sp?) to go to this!

Hey Jolene, how long a drive is it?

Also, this is 1 day after my birthday!!! :) So, if I come up, I'll expect cake and a round of booze!
it's not bad coming up, about 12-14 hours cause you are out of the bad roads after the mountains of Arkansas, the rest is pretty flat. You could make a couple days of it and stop at Prairie Meadows on the way. IT's not far off the route, like 3 miles.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I will get you a cake from Morts Deli (mmmmmm) and see if i can wrangle a free beer coupon off my bosses... hehehe
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Leo, if you make it up here, Jolene and I will personally bake you a multi layered cake.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

The Steward wrote:Leo, if you make it up here, Jolene and I will personally bake you a multi layered cake.

Or we will bake you a cake, cause we'll know you are coming!!
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hmmmm, leave Friday afternoon, stop off at Prairie Meadows, be in Shapokee (or Shakopee, (or whatever it is HAHAHA)) Saturday night for a multi-layered cake! Sounds like a plan. Now, to only figure out who is between Hot Springs and Shapokee who wants to carpool. I'm driving, but want some gas money, YO!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

you might want to leave Friday morning. PM is only 3.5 hours from here! hahaha

Racing starts at 1:30pm on Sunday!
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Yeah, I meant Prairie Meadows on Saturday! ;)

My thoughts and my keyboard don't always communicate effectively.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Last time I went, we got lost in Shakopee. Cus Greg didn't believe we had to take the NORTH exit when we were going SOUTH. And we almost got squished by a School Bus who apparently didn't know how to look before he crossed into the lane.

We were so early though rofl. I thought we were supposed to get there early to get good seats and yea. So we sat inside and watched them set up outside. rofl.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚