What Do Next?

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Ok, I have been debating on what to do with Olydar after he broke his Maiden, what type of race should I enter him in, and should I stick arounda Mile or stretch him out? I dno just wanted to get some outside input
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I've been in the SIM about the same amount of time, so it's a best guess

Since he gained ground late - he's probably going to be able to get some more distance, so you could stretch him to 8 1/2 to 9f for the next race. He's by Empire Maker, who won at a variety of distances up to 1 1/2 miles. The female family is a guess, Alydar was a classic distance horse so I'd say stretching him out shouldn't be a problem.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'd definitely be looking to stretch this fellow out. He'll like as much distance as you can get him. Leave him on dirt for now, but if he ever runs into a funk and stops performing, testing out the turf might be an option, given that Toussaud in the SIM is (by my way of thinking) a fairly turf-oriented mare.

-Eric
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I would keep stretching him out. I wouldn't go into a stakes, unless you can find an easy one nearby. Probably try an allowence race at a mile or longer.