Much Like Falling

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Much Like Falling

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Much Like Falling rocks my socks. The love I have for this horse is kind of crazy. It's made my roommates think i'm even more insane because I run around dancing every time he wins. I promised myself that if he won the Oceanside Classic I'd make a thread here for him, so here we go.

Much Like Falling is the title of a Flyleaf song that really helped me through some nasty times about two years ago. Originally I hadn't liked the song too much, but after listening to it a few times it stuck with me, and I found myself listening to it whenever I felt really bad. So when my mare Day Job retired I thought it would be cool to name her first foal after the song, and thus the SIM Much Like Falling was born.

I can't say that I put any real work into picking his sire. King of Jesters had just retired and I'd always loved him when he was racing, so I just decided to cross Day Job on him. Researching your breeding is always a good thing, but there's something to be said for breeding foals just because the match sounds fun in your head :lol:

Much Like Falling has now won 5 GI races, 3 of them comming this year. He's faced top competition for the past two years and has always shown up. Salute the Sky was Awake As I Am's real test, but if I remember correctly Much Like Falling was the first horse to make the TC winner actually work for the win. Much Like Falling has turned in 3 speed figures over 90 (94,95,96), with two of them being from back to back races. He's won 2 photo finishes, and I love him for just being such a game horse.

His next race is the SC Classic. He won't be retiring this year, that will probably be at the end of next year. I'm having too much fun racing him to stop now! :lol:
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Much Like Falling

There is a great article by Danny Daniels in the Feature Race today, all about Much Like Falling! It was a really wonderful surprise, so thanks going out to Danny.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Less then 48 hours until the Classic, totally nervewracking! As an update for all 3 fans out there MLF is vetting well, Dr. Hacklu says he is ready to race. :D
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

A bit of thanks (maybe?) to Matt Wilson for picking MLF to win the Classic. I do appreciate the support, though even I don't think he'll go off as the favorite lol. Depending on the outcome of the race you'll either get a gift basket or a punch in the face :P
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

He's entered for the Desert World Cup on Friday, albeit as a bit of the longshot. I'm worried about the amount of pace in the race as he got fried in both of his last starts by going fast early, but I still cross my fingers and hope that he'll pull it off. He's vetting good so I'm happy.

Depending on how he does in this race I'm considering experimenting by running him shorter, around the 1-1 1/16 distances. King of Jesters seems to be siring horses who like shorter distances so who knows.

Either way remember that he'll be retiring this year, so please keep him in mind for your mares :D
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Ok, lesson offically beaten into skull, just because he can win at 1 1/4 with a 94 doesn't mean that he can pull off a repeat performance. He's going to stay in the middle east and run at shorter distances, because as Eric said the fun is in winning :P
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Slightly late in posting this, but Much Like Falling won his last start, a GI 1 1/16th race that I sponsered for him. I'm really super excited, I hope this means he can go out strong. His next start will be the Golden State Classic, with probably one start after that before he retires.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Much Like Falling wins again, taking the Golden State Classic by 1/2 a length over Fire Added Starter, posting an 87 speed figure. Looking at that field it really could have been called the Frontrunner Special, so I'm really excited that he won. Next up is the Seek Thrills, which will be his last start.